TuniqTower 120 ?

well I reset the HS, and I'm still getting the same temps. when i run prime 95 the temps do not go over 50c, i guess it'll be fine for now. I just wont be getting the oc's I want, and I really don't wanna redo the whole computer again, it's getting very annoying, and the case i have sucks for this cpu cooler, it barley fits. and it only fits going vertical. any suggestions?

it barley fits. and it only fits going vertical. any suggestions?

There's your problem. If it's not oriented like in the pics that GhostGT posted with the fan blowing towards the back of the computer, you're not going to get the full cooling afforded by that heatsink.

well I reset the HS, and I'm still getting the same temps. when i run prime 95 the temps do not go over 50c, i guess it'll be fine for now. I just wont be getting the oc's I want, and I really don't wanna redo the whole computer again, it's getting very annoying, and the case i have sucks for this cpu cooler, it barley fits. and it only fits going vertical. any suggestions?
originally you were getting 47°C idle and now you're not exceeding 50°C load, I would suggest to you that your 45nm cpu has the temperature sensor bug.

Please supply a reading from Real Temp v2.5 at idle with the following settings in the bios (both load temps and idle temps)

3.0GHz (333*9) minimum voltage required to boot

1.6GHz (266*6) minimum voltage required to boot

ok stock it's now 37c, and full load it gets to 45c.

the brass plate on the HS I think is not 100% flat, as i took a ruler and looks like the center is about 1/2cm up to high. Anyhow, with these temps, think I'll be okay to do some OC'n? I've reset the HS 3 times, and I'm done messing with it.

I'm so agervated, and wished I got a Zalman. My wifes computer I put a zalman in it, Q6600 with it at 3.0ghz running full loads at 35c, that is really sad.

Did those temps come from Real Temp??

Depending on the software the Tjmax could be wrong, if PC Wizard used 105°C as the Tjmax then it would be reading the temp 10°C high, which would make your idle 27°C which sounds more realistic.

Sorry to harp on but can we get some readings from Real Temp please.

Ok, up top right corner is a button that will change the display, click it to show the TjMax, is it 95°C?

I stand by the faulty temp sensor post too, my E3110 (Same as an E8400) reads abnormally high idle temps and doesn't function correctly either.

can you run the test too please and let me know the range the sensors move, mine only moved three point :(

Back
Top Bottom