free os or corporate

With the license agreements, you have no right to distribute that copy.

Either it would be licensed for school use only (and the school would pay per computer), or they could pay even more and have the right to distribute it to students, however they would have to do so by using microsoft eopen or MSDNAA.

Just because an IT person gave you a copy of windows and said you can do whatever you want with it, does not mean you have the legal rights to do whatever you want with it. This is clearly just some dumbass asking to be fired.

ok maybe he miss led me on my rights the way i see it is i think they told me they spent just over £1,600 anually on securing the license with microsoft as they have nearly 700 computers in the school they need the site license and they explained it to me as they legally have the right to copy and distrubute any copy of windows XP pro, so they copied it distributed it to me and ........ well i guess they cant legally give me the right to copy it ....... but they did and this was a senior technician that did that.

maybe there is a loop whole where because its government lead they could say they were trying to help a student and microsoft vs the governemtn would not go down well so maybe they dont care.

n e ways i think its all cleared up now, im legally allowed to use it but not sell it. how bout i build comps and sell it lol

sorry back on subject ubuntu IMO is the most user friendly linux available but the public just arent ready for anything but windows its too uncommon, people dont like change windows is wat the public are acustomed too so that is the only way possible, IMO buy a small company license from microsoft i believe you can buy a 15 computer license and its cheaper than buying 15 single licenses

Back
Top Bottom