dvd rip help

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
So I ripped some DVDs to my hdd the other day with DVDDecrypter.

The file sizes are huge, 3GB-5GB, and they are vob files.

They work fine and all with VLC, but I think I would like to shrink them down to about 1GB a piece or maybe 700MB.

Any help?

when you shrink it doesnt it affect the overall quality....?

not if its done correctly if you stick to around 700Mb theres next to no quality difference any less than 700Mb will prob lose quality.

stick between 648 x 354 and 720 X 480 and frame rate of 25 ps it should be ok

compression, it will be stored in completely different data and you will need a codec pack like k_lite code pack to play them back (unless in VLC media player)

so after you compress them you cant play them on your dvd player like a PS3 or something?

that depends on 2 things.

1. wat encoding you use e.g DIVX / XVID
and
2. if your DVD player supports the encoding e.g DIVX / XVid

lol the best thing i ever did was purchase a DVD player that supports DIVX saves me an hour an a half process of converting it back to .vob files

you can but you nned some software to burn it in to a dvd and a dvd disk you can get them at any place carring cds or ect.

ok so going from 5g to 700mg is alot of data...what exactly is being done to get the size down?

basically it analises the data usage from the original encoding, and tries to find further unnecessary data that can be removed to reduce size.

And yes it does effect the picture quailty

I recommend you use, burnxtodvd, basically download ya movies and convert them via convertxtodvd and then burn them to dvd disk and place it in your dvd.

if you want to watch movies from your pc to your ps3 then you open media player 11, click the libary arrow pointing down then click media sharing, turn off firewall if it blocks the ports, then tick both share my media and the other box, click ok, then click the unknown devices (only it will show if ps3 is on) then once thats done, click and add it press ok, add shit to ya media player libary and boom, go on ps3 and goto video or music or pics and click your pc and so on.

bingo, i do it myself for the ps3 trick.

goodluck

Back
Top Bottom