BIOS update PROBLEM

Disconnect all hardware inside the computer (RAM, Optical Drives, any extra Hard Drive's you don't need to boot into OS) and take out all cards except the video card, reboot the computer. See if the BIOS screen appears. If it does then you on to a winner. Turn off the computer and add just the hard drive, reboot, auto detect the drive in the BIOS, see how you get on then keep adding one item at a time.

Anything that'll fix this is worth a try. And this is from personal experience.

Thanks. I'm going to try this then call it a day. I'll try a few other things to tomorrow.

Did you try taking out the CMOS battery and just letting the computer sit for an hour or two?

That's bad luck mate, what was your boot order set to in the bios?

EDIT:
Did you try taking out the CMOS battery and just letting the computer sit for an hour or two?
Did you?

I usually would power off, turn the wall socket off but leave the cord plugged in (for earth) and remove the battery, hit the case power switch a couple of times to release any residual current, leave the battery out for 10 - 15 minutes then put it back in and see what happens.

Fingers crossed.

I tried everything. I reset the BIOS, removing everything except things that are essential for POST, then tried to recover the BIOS and nothing has worked.

I also did a lot of googling and it seems many people have had the exact same problem with ASUSupdate, and they all had to RMA.

The site I bought my board off is normally pretty good with returns so I'm hoping I should have a new one by the end of the week.

When you say you tried everything, does that include leaving the battery out?

this may have already been done, but have you unplugged the power cord from the psu when you removed the battery...? and did you reset the jumper...?

Back
Top Bottom