Can't Install New Drivers.

Liminator

In Runtime
For some reason whenever I try to update the drivers for my NVIDIA 7600GS, whenever I boot up the computer, the screen is all screwed up with horizontal lines going across the screen. The only way for me to fix this is to boot up in safe mode, uninstall the drivers, restart, install 93.71 drivers. I've tried using driver cleaner with no dice. Any help would be appreciated cuz the new driver actually helps until i restart the computer. Thanks.

Why are you looking to install the new drivers. Is it just for a standard update or is there something else?

Cheers!

It brings up my FPS in the newer games like CoD4 plus I'm getting some random artifacts with green pixels showing up in certain parts of games.

Are you sure the problem doesn't lie with the card itself? The random green pixels and artifacts may indicate a video card problem. Do you get them only in games, or anywhere else? How's the cooling on the card?

Temperature stays at 41 Celsius and I never got this problem until I update the drivers 169.21. So the artifacts didn't start until I updated the drivers. Now its consistent. I'm getting the artifacts in videos too like cinematics.

Also nothing graphic intensive seems to be working. Games keep crashing with the "Send error report" thing. ATITOOL is crashing with the same message too.

Yeah I got the right drivers. So I downloaded the 174.93 forceware drivers and installed Rivatuner 2.09. I was hoping that I could use Rivatuner to boost the fan speeds but the when I click Low-Level System Tweaks all i see is in the below thumbnail: http://www.putfile.com/pic/8158517

No fan options.

Edit. Okay I finally think I know what the problem is. When one of my games froze on me, IL-2 Sturmovik, the front LED panel of my computer started to flicker on and off. This has led me to conclude that this may all be a PSU problem. Mine is currently 350 watts. Anyone think getting a new one would work?

Back
Top Bottom