Possible Upgrade, asking for opinions..

dakxxus

BSOD
So, the other day i was reading up on AoC. I read the system specs, etc,. I later read that the current card i have (quadro fx 4600) only performs as good as an 8800gt. Being disappointed, and realizing it isn't a gamer card, i looked on ebay. I saw the exact same card, direct from nvidia, being auction with bids at 500$. I didn't see how much it was sold for in the end, but it got me thinking. With all the new games coming out, this card is going to hold me back. I have an amazing CPU and 4GB or decent RAM. So it would possibly be a bottleneck later on. So, my question: With the 500 dollars i can possibly obtain from selling, what would be a good upgrade? Include everything from SLI, and i was even willing to trade: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=71539

You could get an awesome graphics set-up for $500. But you really do not need to spend that much. What resolution do you play at?

Well, i had yet to come across a game that i didnt run 1900 by 1200 with AA and anisotropic filters both maxed. (Except crysis)

1900x1200. That's a pretty high resolution. I would probably say the best card for you is the 8800GTX. It often outperforms the 9800GTX at higher resolutions and filters because of it's larger amount of VRAM. They are going for very cheap ATM as they are EOL.

If you're not going to upgrade straight away. Wait for the HD 4800 series. The HD 4870 is supposed to be around $250 and be at least 25% faster than the 9800GTX.

Back
Top Bottom