computer screen shaking

ChadBC

Solid State Member
Computer screen is shaking.

Well not shaking, but more like "trembling" if you see what I am saying. I switched to a different outlet, moved fans and phones away from it, tried to change my refresh rate, tried to change my resolution but no avail. But, changing it to 800 x 600 made it a LITTLE bit clearer and easier to see, but it's still annoying. Help?

Re: Computer screen is shaking.

update drivers, had the same problem on an early windows machine of mine

I Can't see the appropriate driver to update. :confused:

Yes, but how would I go about doing that? I went to device manger and it said everything was working properly. Sorry, I'm just not very smart I guess, :D

yh it will be working properly but prob has a crappy windows default driver on it.

download everest home edition and post what it says your graphics controller is

Is it a CRT monitor? Or the old style screens?

See when I switch my monitor on, it farts:)'de-gausses' then I get a wobbly picture. Then a second later I hear a relay 'click' and the wobbling goes.

The last time I had a wobbly picture I waited for that relay to click but never happened. I checked the monitor plug that plugs into the graphics card and saw that a pin in the plug was bent.

Once the pin was straight the monitor worked.

It's a CRT. Just checked the monitor plug pins and everything seems fine. I guess I could try a different monitor but I don't really have access to one. :(

Back
Top Bottom