hiding my IP

so i cant just log onto my pc and change a number?
obviously i know nothing about ISPs
or how they are even on your pc
or a pc

there is no way to do what you want to do. At least no way that I know of. You can use all the proxies you want but you will still connect to the internet through your ISP, and this means that they can monitor you if they wish to do so.

Proxies are usefull if you need to hide your ip from a website, but afaik won't do a thing against ISP's.

okay
i seen a thread earlier
but that didn't get very far
and 3 days ago i bought the May 2008 Issue of PCWorld
they have an article in there about the ISP charging or limiting bandwidth to the higher bandwidth users
the ones that use a lot of bandwidth
we pay for the service, the fast service
not to get bent over
how do i cover my IP address?
i don't have any thing Illegal planned
just don't want to be slowed down by my ISP cutting my DL speeds
any help is appreciated
thanks

Your not going to get around your ISP's bandwidth limits, period.

then what is the point in masking it?
or even hiding it?

and how would you use a proxy?
does it just install like every other software?
just dl and install
then set it up and voila
or is it more complicated then that
(more then likely is)

A Proxy can get you through blocked websites at school or work.All you do is you find the proxy you want to go through,go into your internet browsers settings and go to connection settings,tick the 'go through proxy' box and fill in the the blanks.

that depends on which proxy you are using. Yeah usually they are quite slow since instead of you connecting straight to a website you are always connecting through the proxy server. So for all you know your connection could go
you -> proxy server in india -> website hosted 50km from where you live.

But if you do find a proper proxy server which isn't on the other side of the world then it should work ok. It will always be a bit slower though.

could one make there own proxy server?
so that it is in their house
and they wouldnt be connecting to india or pakistan

You could I guess but the data is still going to go through your ISP regardless in the end - there's no way to avoid the bandwidth limits.

Back
Top Bottom