PC Repair Tool Kit

Ok,So after pricing a few kits up,they are WAY over priced.So i though i would just compile my own,Here is what im thinking so far:

Tools:

*Some sort of Tool Box or carry bag*
Flat Head Screwdriver
Phillips head screwdriver (A Few Different sizes)
Adjustable Spanner (I Forget what they call them)
Pliers
Long Nose Pliers
Wire Stripper
Electrical Tape
Pocket Torch
Anti Static Wipes
CD Lense Cleaner
USB Vaccume
Anti Static Bags
Grounding Strap
PSU Tester
LAN Tester
Magnifying Glass

Software:
Bootable CD (UBCD)
Bootable Flash Drive (UBCD Again)
Portable Hardrive To put Diag Software on (Drivers,Updates,Diagnostic software)

Am i forgetting anything?

This is for when i fix PC's onsite.

the usb vacuum i think is a waste of money but the rest is good. why would you need a magnifying glass??

A multimeter maybe?
Thermal Grease
Maybe some different types of spare memory to test stuff (ddr, ddr2 etc)
POST testing card (like this one)
Spare sATA/IDE cables

Those are some other things you could include

Yeah a multimeter would be good.I Already have a POST Testing card but its that same as that model and the instruction manual is a very bad translation so i have no idea how to use it.RAM Is a very good idea and so is the spare cables,but why do i need the thermal grease?

the usb vacuum i think is a waste of money but the rest is good. why would you need a magnifying glass??
The Vacume was for cleaning out heatsinks and such,but i will think i'll settle for a toothbrush or a small paint brush.The Magnifying glass was for reading small text such as serial numbers.

Dunno, I could think of a real reason to have thermal grease, lol - but wouldn't hurt to have some just incase :)

And with the POST card, all you have to do is plug it in, boot the computer up and see what code the computer stops at - then lookup the code in the manual which should give some idea at least to whats wrong :D

Ohhh i remember one, a magnetic parts holder - like magnetic dish which holds screws and small bits - priceless they are! :D

i like my lil USB vaccum (not sure how to spell it, might ask ghostFL)

deff worth $7

Ohhh i remember one, a magnetic parts holder - like magnetic dish which holds screws and small bits - priceless they are! :D

Thats a good idea,i'll price them up now.Im Not sure about the Vaccume yet.

Now im trying to figure out what software i might needs,Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom