i need serious help

Comp_Pro

In Runtime
hi all it seems that my system clock has stuffed up after running a program and it is set to 26th of October 2014 and when i change it back to the correct date it automatically goes back to that date and a random time. i deleted the file that caused and restarted my computer and still doesn't work. i have no viruses/spyware on my computer as i just scanned it.

any ideas?

if nothing works i guess ill just have to reinstall my operating system, or is there a chance that i could get my time to work? my antivirus key is outdated (of course) and my undates are screwing up. i have no idea how to fix..

If it is XP you can run sfc /scannow which is the system file checker, it will replace corrupt Windows system files.

If that doesn't work then a repair install would be the way to go.

I'd do a complete re-install.
don't be so quick in dismissing a solution it might be the only way to fix your particular problem

At the same time it seems that a lot of people are too quick to just go with a reformat. There are a lot of other options like the ones listed. Just take a step back and think about all the safeties that are installed in windows to fix problems.

Cheers!

Yup, what he said.

A complete reformat is a last ditch option to be used when all other methods have failed.

Back
Top Bottom