dual quad core?

im not so sure i think hes jus getting mixed up on the wording and ment to say core2quad but forgot the core*

try reading the post I quoted and going to the link. It goes straight to the quad core processors. That was posted by the OP dude.

in theory
you could get a server mobo that has dual sockets
and run 2 quad core processors
if you could find the correct sockets
and a case for it to fit inside
and any other goodies you would want to add to it would be questionable
SATA ports, PCIs, PCI-Es ect
they arent very popular on server mobos
they arent really nessessary IMHO
just my 2 cents

he has 2 quad processors guys. You'll be find. What are you doing that you need that much horsepower though.

try reading the post I quoted and going to the link. It goes straight to the quad core processors. That was posted by the OP dude.

what are you on about you lemon !

there is nothing in the link posted that suggests he has 2 quad core processors,

im saying i "think" he made a mistake by saying 2 quad core processors its quiet possible hes buying a motherboard with 2 socket 775 slots but by the way hes speaking and in all honesty id say hes not the sharpest knife in the drawer i dont think hes buying 2 quad cores

You really can't fully utilize a quad now. I don't see any reason why he would want to go with an oddball expensive configuration and run 2 of them. Pretty sure he means C2Q.

And I've run several programs on my X2 that experience throttling problems and other things when you use both cores. You have to run older stuff in compatibility mode where it disables your other CPUs for the program.

You have to run older stuff in compatibility mode where it disables your other CPUs for the program.
No you don't, the program will only utilize so many of the quad core's four threads.

Let me rephrase...
Some older programs require you to run in compatibility mode because, at least on XP, it does not automatically disable cores for applications. Therefore you have throttling problems. I have run other old ones that aren't affected by multiple physical cores. If you have RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 load it up on a dual or quad and play it for a minute and watch how choppy it gets. That's just one that came to my head right now... there are a good bit of others.

No. You just run older stuff in compatibility mode for Win 95, 98, or ME and it will disable your other CPUs for that exe. Easier than bothering with a patch.

Back
Top Bottom