Software to spy on employees

BrianS

In Runtime
I have been noticing a lot of people in the company doing questionable things on their computers during company time. One thing that is making me really mad is that there are 2 people playing World of Warcraft. When I bring this to the owner about it, he gives them the benefit of the doubt. As the person in charge of the network and computers here (I wouldn't call myself the IT administrator because we are a company of 15 people and I don't think we are at that level), but anyways, I feel that this needs to be stopped.

Beyond blocking ports, I would like to install software onto their computers to track what they are doing. Getting screen shots would also be wonderful. I know this is basically a keystroke logger, but I would like something a little more legitimate. I would obviously prefer something that was running in a hidden mode that they would have no way of knowing what is happening. Also it would be nice if I could access the information and screen shots remotely as I do not want to be seen on their computers cause that might be suspicious and the whole point is to catch them doing something they shouldn't be. If they know, they wouldn't do it.

Any help would be wonderful.

Well I know there are a few programs that can be used to look at the screens of any computer connected to the network but its about 100 dollars . Ill post the name of it later because i cant remember it now.

But Hay . Whats wrong with busting into their cubicle with a digital camera.

Thanks for your help guys. I really want this company to continue to grow, but I am afraid with the wrong people doing the wrong things, it is not going to help out.

You can also block the ports that they play on. The ports are: 3724 TCP, 3724 UDP, 6112, and 6881-6999. So unless, you have other services that are needed that run on those ports you should be all set.

Cheers!

You can also block the ports that they play on. The ports are: 3724 TCP, 3724 UDP, 6112, and 6881-6999. So unless, you have other services that are needed that run on those ports you should be all set.

Cheers!

I can block them, but couldn't they just run them through others besides the defaults?

I can block them, but couldn't they just run them through others besides the defaults?

Depends on the game/program/connecting server. Odds are if someone is determined enough they can get around through a different port, but unless they are really good or have nothing to do this shouldn't be much of an issue.

why not just get something like ultravnc and watch them from time to time. manually capture screenshots as you feel fit

Back
Top Bottom