Error On Startup

the VID range is .85v - 1.5v the same as a Q6600, I can run my Q6600 at 1.1v at stock clocks, it is a quad and this E4400 is a dual, both are 65nm processors so the E4400 "should" run at or about 1.1v without problems.

The reason I mention all this is his cpu temps are elevated which may be causing his problem.

My thought was if he reduced his vcore and ergo his cpu temps it might help resolve his problem. I believe that the true cause of this startup error may be related to the m/board temp reading, from the detail he has posted it would appear to be an Asus board, they start freaking out at 45°C.

If we reduce the voltage to the cpu it will obviously reduce the current going through the board which would in turn lower temperatures all around.

I could be wrong, I have been before.

:D

Please can you tell me how to find the VID? I looked in my BIOS, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Joe

What we're basically trying to find out is if we can safely lower your VCore Voltage, which will be in the BIOS in differing locations (depending on what motherboard you have.)

I'm late for a final exam.... i'll be back in a few hours and i'll post again.

Thanks man, aced both of them actually. ;)

Okay, so I've got an ASUS P5K-E and I'm guessing it might be a similar BIOS. Once you get into the BIOS, I go into the "JumperFree Connection" line (something along those lines...heh).

If you can, take us a picture or a screenshot of that whole menu.

Hi,

On advice I received elsewhere, I've installed a new PSU: a Seasonic SS-500HT. Here are my new values:

CPU Q-Fan Control [Disabled]
Chassis Q-Fan Control [Disabled]
Vcore Voltage [ 1.31V]
3.3V Voltage [ 3.26V]
5V Voltage [ 4.81V]
12V Voltage [ 12.03V]

CPU Temperature 33°C
M/B Temperature 32°C
CPU Fan Speed 2027 RPM
CHA_FAN1 Speed 0 RPM
CHA_FAN2 Speed 0 RPM
CPU Fan Speed Warning [600 RPM]

My Vcore Voltage still high, but at least my temperatures are lower now.

I looked at "JumperFree Connection". My AI Tuning is set to Auto and everything else is greyed out with an "x" next to it. I don't know how to do a screenshot in BIOS. I can only do them in Windows.

I still can't seem to find Core Temp and Real Temp.

Thank you,
Joe

Back
Top Bottom