How to do a System Recovery

Plain and simple, NO!

Well, here is the thing you didn't get the free version. And you say that you can't un-install it then is there a possibility that you downlaoded something other then the software, like spyware or other things. I would recommend that you go here.
Then I would also recommend that download, Spyware S&D. Just google that one, and maybe the free version of Adware.

One word of advice don't download any software off a torrent unless you know exactly where it is coming from.

Cheers!

Just making sure I understand this; and if you undo the system restore, you will get spyware and adware again assuming that had spyware and adware before the system restore?

I downloaded Spyware S&D (you mean Spybot?) before and it gave me too much pop windows if I allow any actions or not. I don't have all day to click and wait for it to go away. How do you use Spyware S&D to your advantage?

Last but not least, what kind of protection does AVG free edition give? Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate the help.:D

It should be taken away. When you do the system restore, you restore the whole system back to the setting from the restore point. So if you didn't have the spyware, and adware etc. then you won't have it on your system. But, i would still recommend getting AVG free edition if it isn't on your computer.

Cheers!
system restore only restores user settings and stuff. all files are still in tact, therefore the virus would still be there (i think)

also, don't use more than 1 anti-virus program at the same time, ie; kaspersky and AVG. This will cause conflicts and a drastic reduction in performance.

If you are using Vista, there is a partition manager and back-up utility within.

don't use more than 1 anti-virus program at the same time, ie; kaspersky and AVG

Why not? I have always been a fan of having two AV programs on my computer. That way if one doesn't pick up on a virus, then I have a better chance of finding it with the other one.

Cheers!

Why not? I have always been a fan of having two AV programs on my computer. That way if one doesn't pick up on a virus, then I have a better chance of finding it with the other one.

Cheers!

How do you find viruses and get rid of it?

Cheers!

Nothing wrong with running a scan with one, then the other. I mean having 2 programs actively protecting the system.

back to partitions...do you HAVE to have software to do partitions...I know when I reformat I THOUGHT I might have the option to create a extra partition there (XP by the way) but I never know how much space xp takes up or what to set the partition size too....??? :(

Back
Top Bottom