About to upgrade, and need some help on this one simple part of installation.

Retromoe

Beta member
Hello, Its great to be on the fourms, i've been browsing for a while and its time i registered.

Im about to upgrade to a XFX nforce 680i sli motherboard, Im currently using one of those Nzxt Hush cases.

What my prob is that I was looking at the motherboard its self but i dont see any Inputs for the Power buttons, Restart buttons, Or for the Blue LED lights (thats outside of the case) Im just wondering if they carry them or would i have to go find something else.

Im talkin about the 2 Pin inputs that u just plug in to turn on power and get the Led light working. Does anyone know if the motherboard carries them or all motherboard's carry them?

Heres what im looking to buy - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3601833&body=REVIEWS

Some closer looks of the mobo (So you can point out to me wheres the 2 Pin Inputs for the power button,retart,and Led light) - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_680_lt/3.htm

Thanks!

They will be on the Mobo somewhere.

And these connectors are usually on the bottom right hand side of the Mobo.

I tried downloading the manual so I could show you in detail but I couldn't get their site.

EDIT:

Got it wrong.:(

actually worshipme i think those might be USB. the ones on the other side of the mobo are the ones ur lookin for

It's not the best pic, but here ya go:
xfxnforce680islihq5.jpg

The pins you are looking for are next to the memory slots. They are number "7" in the pic. :D

Yeah, all motherboards have them, just check the manual and it will tell you where they are.

My old Asus motherboard was really cool, it had a piece that you plugged all the connectors into and then pushed it down over the pins on the motherboard, it allowed you to get the pins in the right places up out of the case where you could see what you were doing.

Yeah but im more of a quiet computing guy, i seriously dont wanna hear my Cpu make a sound, Btw a 500W PSU could do the Job for this new setup correct? I believe thats enough right

Im plannin on getting a Antec phantom 500W wonder if it can do the job

what ill be running

motherboard + processor+ 2 Dvd drives+ 500GB HD+ Nvida 8600gts+ Soundblaster card

bump^^

Back
Top Bottom