Intel are going to piss a lot of people off.

It's not confirmed. But if AMD have nothing to fight Nehalem. Then it could work out for them. Remember, this is all about making money.

yes but if intel was against overclocking why create a motherboard thats good at it
They don't create the motheboards, the manufacturers like ASUS/Gigabyte do. Intel just make the NB and SB. If you've ever tried some of the Intel branded boards, they suck at OC'ing. And they have to have a good chipset to satisfy people who buy the C2Extremes.

It's not confirmed. But if AMD have nothing to fight Nehalem. Then it could work out for them. Remember, this is all about making money.

True.

But the revised Phenoms? Surely they can do some damage? AMD are more for the people. They've just had a very, very bad time.

I mean this new Nehalem thingy that Intel are going to bring out the oven...

....1 to 8 or more cores, svelte laptops, high end servers, ect?

And to top it they 'might' lock the CPU's?

:mad:

They don't create the motheboards, the manufacturers like ASUS/Gigabyte do. Intel just make the NB and SB. If you've ever tried some of the Intel branded boards, they suck at OC'ing. And they have to have a good chipset to satisfy people who buy the C2Extremes.

Back when I had my D975BX2 it would do 420 FSB, which isn't bad for a 975 chipset.

True.

But the revised Phenoms? Surely they can do some damage? AMD are more for the people. They've just had a very, very bad time.

I mean this new Nehalem thingy that Intel are going to bring out the oven...

....1 to 8 or more cores, svelte laptops, high end servers, ect?

And to top it they 'might' lock the CPU's?

:mad:

You better hope AMD can find some funds to finance the 45nm process and the Hi-K Phenoms. RV770 is going to be very important.

Back
Top Bottom