New build problem

It has a 24pin and a 4 pin and they are both connected. I know it isnt the psu or case buttons as I have used both of these on another mobo as a test. The whole case underneath is just metal too and its touching that. Also the switch is on, on the back :p . The thing is I'm builing two computers at once here, identical motherboard and case, both have this problem. Also I don't want it to wreck my 8800GTS if it is shorting out. I might just phone up scan to get it replaced with another model.

The back of the motherboard shouldn't be touching the metal motherboard tray. That's why it won't work.

I forgot to put the raising screws on. It turns on now but the cpu fan won't spin, I tired a spare fan and that didn't work either. On the sencond build it turns on but there is no picture on the screen and it wont always saty on.

EDIT: I have got the cpufan working by plugging it into a normal fan socket - is it ok to leave it like that? By the way the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L.

I forgot to put the raising screws on. It turns on now but the cpu fan won't spin, I tired a spare fan and that didn't work either. On the sencond build it turns on but there is no picture on the screen and it wont always saty on.

EDIT: I have got the cpufan working by plugging it into a normal fan socket - is it ok to leave it like that? By the way the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L.

:eek:

You might have killed the Mobo's. The CPU fan should be in the correct connector. Some systems won't run without the CPU fan connected to the CPU fan connector.

Without the Stand-Off's the back of the Motherboard will short all over the place.

:(

I'm using the Pc at the moment, its workin fine with the cpu fan connected differently, i have read up on this motherboard and apparently its not just me experienceing this problem, apparently if you update the BIOS it is fine but to be honest, its fine now so I will leave it.

Ok, if I decide to update then I'll let you know, thanks for your continued help.

Back
Top Bottom