Ignore user threads?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;795007 said:
Of course lets not try and improve anything.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;795030 said:
Your probably right lol. I'll just edit it out and wait for a response. I've noticed some members don't want anything to ever change around here so the solutions become don't worry about it or ignore it when options exist to change it for the better.

in response to my post...

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;795055 said:
That is a valid point although as it is you currently have the option of viewing someone's post even if you have them ignored so things wouldn't get messy.

So example a member you don't have ignored makes a thread and a member you have ignored posts in it before you get to it. You can click to see there post and if they have solved there problem you can go about your business without replying.

The idea behind hiding threads altogether from people you don't wish to reply to or even see in the lobby is what I'm looking for. It doesn't matter who would reply in that thread because the member has them blocked so they wouldn't even see the thread to begin with. IE members that we have problems with or tend to get into issue's with would be completely averted since we would never see the threads they start.

Also I don't believe I ever voiced a specific opinion of you to you in this thread Mark so don't jump to conclusions. Thanks for your opinion though you had a decent point that I think I just covered.

but you still wont have to read it if you dont open the threads, just browse straight past them, i dont see the need for an option to block every thread or post someone makes, just browse straight on by.. if you have that much of a person with whoever it is (im assuming its not me cause i hardly ever make threads) just dont open them at all, and ignore it totally.. that way members you have problems with, or get issues with wont be an issue because you wont be reading their threads..

the alternative you gave just seems like alot of work to me.. opening up and closing loads of posts, would get tedious after a while i would assume, and you would give up doing that and make your post anyway, i dont think this would work IMO, but lets see what everyone else has to say on it, and if david approves mabye he can include it.. but in my opinion its not needed.

Wow, this sounds like just another reason to be lazy and have to pay attention less. I have to agree with mark thorpe, for all the time it would take to set up (you do realize that david may have a life at some point and time) and on top of that it would likely be error prone if this was all coded from scratch (i guess i don't know if this is built in, but i really doubt it would be).

why is it really that difficult to ignore something that someone says, you understand that you may have to do it in REAL LIFE once in while, so try it here and get a long with your fellow members. I just think there are other things that people could come up with that would be more useful. I for one have never even used the ignore thing, if there is a reply from someone I don't care for, I don't post (or at least try to post civilly).

he just wants to block me so he cant see my news articles
witch i think its 100% retarded
just skip them dont block me

The ignore feature blocks PMs from a user. there is nothing that I know of that will allow you to ingore messages from a user

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;794833 said:
I was wondering if there was a way we can set this up already and I'm overlooking it.

I know we have a ignore user feature but the problem is it will still display threads they start basically making the ignore feature semi useless.

Can we add something in that will block there threads started as well if there on are ignore list? I thought there was some type of hack for Firefox to allow this but I can't seem to find it anymore.

you really hate people if its so much you won't look at there threads lolz.:D ;) :D

he just wants to block me so he cant see my news articles
witch i think its 100% retarded
just skip them dont block me

Actually no your news things did annoy me a bit but I had been meaning to ask about this for a while. I just happened to mention it in your thread because several people mentioned they were sick of it. Sorry for kind of singling you out in that thread. Just felt like bringing it up.

There are some new members and a few other members that have posts that are pretty much bs 99% of the time and get sick of seeing the crap.

Thanks for the reply though David I'll have to search around a bit more cause I'm sure there has got to be a way to do it.

And to answer your question Ace yes i do although I don't think hate is the appropriate word. I just have no time to see there bs.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;795168 said:
And to answer your question Ace yes i do although I don't think hate is the appropriate word. I just have no time to see there bs.
Simple solution. . .
Don't click on the thread.

I've never heard of a guy who's so self absorbed to be bothered by a simple thread title. Sheesh.

no i didn't mean to offend it was a joke lol, yeah some people can be obnoxious but i just stay clear of the threads they post on.

I like the idea, but it can have too many downsides to it if it's not set up properly. Just as an example lets say you hate me and want to avoid all my threads. Well what if I make a thread announcing a new rule or policy? You can legitimately claim you never saw it, yet it is a rule all other members have read and are following.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I have doubts that you could set it up to ignore the ignore requests of people from certain usergroups.

Back
Top Bottom