What's the best way to ask Money from your boss?

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
Ok, so I got this new job about a month ago and everything seems to went well so far. Yesterday my boss told me to clean up my work area and I did. So, this morning I was ask to go to his office and surprisingly he handed me a check. He told me that I did a good job and that they wanted to keep me. I didn't really know what to say and I just shook his hand and thank him.

Before this, I already had a feeling that he will give me something soon because I've been doing good lately and he's been complimenting me a few times. Two times, he came up to me and said that if there's anything I want to change to make his business better, I just let him know and he'll get it for me. He made it sound like even if it's a personal favor he'll still be happy to get it for me. At the time, I didn't really know what to do to make his business or the work area better and I just told him that I'll let him know if I come up with something. There are lots of things I would love to have such as a new computer, a new car, furnitures, flat screen tv, money, etc... Obviously, he couldn't wait anymore to give me something, that's why he wrote me a check.

I couldn't be happier because this is only my internship. I wanted to ask him for more but I don't know how I should ask to make it reasonable and not seem like I just want his money. I'm currently building my home studio and wanted to ask for his help but don't know how I should ask. What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

"please more, can i have some more?"

lol.

just explain ur situation to him, and if hes a good charecter, hell help out somehow

LOL taht could work too. or just be like hey Boss i was wondering if i could get small a raise. or somethin like that

I don't know how I should ask to make it reasonable and not seem like I just want his money. I'm currently building my home studio and wanted to ask for his help but don't know how I should ask.

well the thing is that you just want his money. Disguising this into something else is going to be pretty hard.

You boss just gave you money. The first thing you think about is asking for more? I don't know how things work over there but if I'd be your boss I'd just tell you that it ain't a charity and that you should go back to work. He seems like a nice guy, and all you want to do is take advantage of him...

well the thing is that you just want his money. Disguising this into something else is going to be pretty hard.

You boss just gave you money. The first thing you think about is asking for more? I don't know how things work over there but if I'd be your boss I'd just tell you that it ain't a charity and that you should go back to work. He seems like a nice guy, and all you want to do is take advantage of him...

QFT !

Don't worry about getting more.....it's an internship, work on getting a permanent job there and then think about raises and bonus money and things like that.

Back
Top Bottom