Bought a new mobo ?

well if you keep the same hardrive you should be able to repair windows and with a bit of luck it wont need registering again,

so it wont let me register again?

Also I decided to buy the 8400 chip, and a 9800GTX Superclocked. Should be a nice upgrade on my computer, just need to know if I should buy another vista disk

I doubt it will let you register again. But it's better to give it a try than to buy a new disc only to find out that the old one works fine.

I'll just buy another 1 just incase, rather do that then find out it won't register. I'll try the old code before I open it just incase. Should I go for 64-bit or stay with 32-bit?

I'm willing to bet you'll need to re register your system. When I switched clocks with my setup in the summer it noticed the change in clocks and prompted a re activation a few times.

I'm not sure if it wouldn't work since its a new chip altogether rather then just a overclock.

If your running XP as well I'd go 64 bit for Vista. If your just running Vista you may want to stick with 32 bit.

Ok just ordered the 64-bit.

The mobo I ordered states that it will support the wolf chips with an update, think the chip will work until I update the mobo? I got the Tuniq Tower and really don't want to hook up my old chip if I don't have to.

1 last ? Should I use the Tuniq TX-1 thermal stuff or stick with the artic silver5 for the Tuniq Tower.

Yes you need to download the latest bios update for the wolfdale chips. I think its important to note the 45nm quads won't work though. Dual 45nm's are possible as long as you have the latest bios installed.

I'm not sure if it will even boot with a earlier bios installed. I guess you could try but I'd install the old chip and put the new bios on rather than having it not boot and having that extra step in there taking it back out.

Not to familiar with the Tuniq Thermal paste I always use AS5.

All u have to do is call Microsoft and tell them the deal, they will help u. That's if...

Back
Top Bottom