china's earthquake!

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
who heard about china's earthquake? dang... 7.9 magnitude!!!! over 10k comfirmed death's and thousands more estimated!!!! buncha people burry'ed in rubble and all that... man that sux

Yea they said it it happened to L.A. that poeple in Denver would feel it! That is how powerful it was.

so i couldve felt it?
that would suck.... all my things ruined.....
sucks that the earthquake happened, my mom and brother is leaving for china tomorrow, they are going on the south, near Hong Kong.
and i will be joining them on the 23rd since i have to do my graduation ceremony thing.
hope there wont be another one....

Wow, take a look at the wiki on this quake:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sichuan_earthquake

The destruction of property and lives is just...sad.. I don't know what to say other than to pray for those who died and also for their loved ones.

According to the extent map, the quake could have been felt throughout all of China excluding the northeastern panhandle, and the west.

Oh and get this: The Chinese government actually predicted this earthquake and blew it off like it was never gonna happen. Now that it did, they are trying to cover up their paper trail.

Wikipedia said:
On May 9, the official website of Sichuan Provincial Government reported that citizens had been asking the local government to confirm or deny a rumor that an earthquake had been predicted for Maerkang County. However, the government claimed that this was not the case and attempted to dispel the rumor.

In fact, Maerkang County is very near the epicenter of the May 12 earthquake. Soon after the event, the government removed the rumor from the official website and all other news websites in mainland China. Also, the discussion of this event is forbidden on internet sites originating in mainland China. However, thanks to the cache function of some search engines, people can still read the unedited news of the official websites and its related discussions.
Not sure if thats true, but if it was, I would be pissed.

This is just terrible! Especially if those people could have been evacuated knowing the imminent danger! Pray to all the families for their losses and I heard a lot of children died as a result of the quake. :[

Back
Top Bottom