Hard Day

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
First day of work at my new job.

I'm working electrical work for commercial projects. Right now, we are working on an entire strip mall building with 8 stores inside it. I had to be up and ON SITE at 5:30AM. Which is an unbelievably massive shift in sleep schedule fore me... LOL.

But I worked untill 2:30, and yeah.... It is some damn hard work. Lol, but its alot better than some jobs, for sure. I make around 90-110$ a day, 5 days a week.

I like it. Its some seriously hard work in Florida's summer weather (O_O), but it is great excercise, and I get to learn a trade that I will be able to use personally for the rest of my life, on my own home's, friend's homes, etc.

I got home a couple hours ago and just CRASHED. Haha, Soooooo tired, sore, and sunburnt like a mofo.

Anybody else have a really hard job, but doesn't mind doing it for certain reasons? ( ...Already expecting Sensei's input ;) )

sorry to hear that you had a hard day but im sure it's worth it when you gained a useful skill such as wiring etc
good luck with the rest of the project

Matt

First day of work at my new job.

I'm working electrical work for commercial projects. Right now, we are working on an entire strip mall building with 8 stores inside it. I had to be up and ON SITE at 5:30AM. Which is an unbelievably massive shift in sleep schedule fore me... LOL.

But I worked untill 2:30, and yeah.... It is some damn hard work. Lol, but its alot better than some jobs, for sure. I make around 90-110$ a day, 5 days a week.

I like it. Its some seriously hard work in Florida's summer weather (O_O), but it is great excercise, and I get to learn a trade that I will be able to use personally for the rest of my life, on my own home's, friend's homes, etc.

I got home a couple hours ago and just CRASHED. Haha, Soooooo tired, sore, and sunburnt like a mofo.

Anybody else have a really hard job, but doesn't mind doing it for certain reasons? ( ...Already expecting Sensei's input ;) )

Hey Brother, How have you been?

Glad to see you picked up another job! Construction/laboring is an AMAZING field to get into as you can fall back onto that at any time. When I was a little rugrat I hung out with my neighbor who was self employed in the art of Carpentry along with building homes, electrical, plumbing, framing, you name it, He did it, and he was his own boss to boot.. I was very close with the guy and he really took me under his wing with teaching me the ropes, etc, etc. His yearly income was roughly $200,000 and he had a passion in what he did and it truly showed in his work.

I obviously got into another field, But what I walked away with in knowledge is gold in todays day in age as nothings cheap. I say keep at it Brother and take in as much as you can.

I can definately relate with having an extremely hard and stressful job, But none of that matters as I have a strong passion for what I do and wouldn't trade it for any other job this world has to offer regardless of money. Money means nothing to me when it comes down to my career. I make decent money, Enough to live a nice life and also afford the hobbies and toys I like, So I can't complain. I encourage everyone to find a job where they "look forward" to going to work, and I do. Sure It gets extremely difficult and stressful at times when I may possibly have to shoot and kill a person, Not knowing if I'm going to get shot and killed by saving someone elses life, Will I get to see my family at the end of the day, Etc, Etc....BUT I still love my job despite all the dangers and stresses of it.

I say keep at it my friend.;)

Thanks man! Yeah... I definitely like it. It's going to be a nice trade to learn. Your old friend seems like quite the guy! Haha.

"The best type of work for a man, is a job he doesn't have to call 'work'"

Well, being a kid in high school, I dont have the best job, lol. It's really laid back, I work at my high school in the tech dept. But it gets kinda boring sometimes. I work in the tech dept. but its all the dirty work, lol. Opening up boxes arranging computers, nothing fun. Never anything that requires any thinking... I'm smarter with computers then some of the helpdesk people, but I get the crap job, lol. But its work, and its easy.

Other then that, I work for my grandpa when he has yard work, which is weekly, do work when he goes away, and he just likes to hang out with me I would say, and pay me, lol.
And my friend and I have our own little landscaping business. We mow for one neighbor who is rich. $25-$30 and hour for mowing his lawn, takes us 2 hours or a little less togethor, and we split $100 between us, so that works our fairly well, lol. And we are gonna do some other work this summer as well for other neighbors I hope. Landscaping pays pretty well, lol.

^ Yeah, I did HUGE residential neighborhood landscaping for 5 months. Payed well, like, 300-400$ a week. But it was hot as hell, and very repetitive. Not too fun. ESPECIALLY not in FL O_O

Full time too. Its not a bad bizz though if you can get high up there and hopefully own your own landscaping business.

Congratulations on the new job Ghost! Sounds like a great way to broaden your horizons;)

I as well can relate to working in a physically intensive job. I work on our family's cattle farm as well as on neighboring farms. At times it's been some of the most physically demanding jobs I've done (working in a sawmill was a close second) but it's also something I really enjoy doing. The feeling of working outside with nature, using your hands and seeing your labors bring forth fruit. It's a good feeling.

But there's also something miraculous about farming...you see so many beautiful things in nature that happen with such an ease and perfection it's beautiful how they work in their in their intracasies, and yet in their utter simplicity. They have such an apparent grand design by the way they work it never ceases to amaze me. It's all a beautiful cycle, a perfectly choreographed dance. Things like watching a baby calf be born inspire me, they are truly tiny little things who are so helpless and meek, yet learn to walk in the first thirty minutes of life...thirty minutes. Or by planting a few simple seeds that in themselves are so tiny and unassuming. They can survive without my help but by helping and nurturing them I can watch them grow and flourish into a crop that can be used to help people with one of their most basic needs...to eat.

I also work as a Volunteer Firefighter. That in itself is not hard physical work but it's mentally hard...it can be a very depressing job, seeing senseless death in car wrecks or a family loosing everything in a house fire. You see people in the utter depths of sadness and helplessness. But I also get the chance to help people and that's what I thrive on and have a passion for is helping people merely for the sake of in some small trying to impact someones life for the better.

congrats on the job :) good field to get into too, good luck!!!

my job is pretty hard really, work on electronics, aircraft radio equipment, we get sent it when the pilots break it (aka pour coffee in it) and we have to fix it to component level, test and send it back out.. pretty confusing sometimes..

I've had a series of jobs, some more hard than others... every job is hard for one reason or another else it woudn't be called work!

right now my job is physically easy, but mentally hard...

I have to say that I prefere physically hard jobs myself,
My dad works as a gardener, and has been a builder before, when I was younger I used to help him out,

hard work is tiring, but I love working with him, just being outside and actually doing stuff. getting a sun tan as well as lifting and carrying...

not sure that i'd trade my desk job now, but it's very rewarding to be doing something where you can actually see an end product and result, to actually build something make a physical impact is pretty rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom