Overclock Sound Problem

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi I have 2 of the same motherboards (p5p800-vm) both with realtek onboard sound. The problem is that when i overclock the CPU on both motherboards the sound it crackles and i cant use it...How do i fix the problem? As both of my computers with these motherboards in them are doing it I will presume it's the motherboards fault.

Thanks

TBH i dont have a clue id contact the mobo manafucturer see what they say, as it def seems like a fualt with the board they cant be sorted by any of us,

only thing i could remotely suggest would be do a bios update and sound drivers / chipset driver update.

another strange thing it that i cant press the mute button on my keyboard when i've overclocked, but i can when it's at standard CPU frequency

id contact the mobo manafucturer see what they say
I wouldn't recommend doing that. Only because the manufacturer will tell you that there isn't a lot that they can do. Especially since you said that OC'd the CPU. Most motherboards are set up to work perfectly fine within a certain range, but once that range is distorted or changed then, there isn't a lot that they can do.

bios update and sound drivers / chipset driver update
I don't recommend doing a flash on the bios. The only time that you should do a flash is when you have a new system or you just put in a new mobo, or if something isn't working (which it isn't). But still i wouldn't recommend that as a first choice.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom