SP3 for XP

Just tried installing from the Major Geeks d/l and it just totally messed up my system. It didn't fully install the first time and decided it would do the same thing again the second and third time. I tried uninstalling SP3, but it froze, so I hit the restart button and booted back into XP to find it all messed up... Trying a reboot into last good config.

So I got it working after having to plug my mouse into the PS/2 port w/ a converter. I did a system restore to a checkpoint yesterday. Then I booted up and all was well. Then I decide to exit all programs running and try again. Does same thing and says "Access is Denied". Dunno why it would be denied... I think I'll stick with my early version of SP3, and wait it out on this one for now...

I just went to windows update and noticed that SP3 can be loaded from there and the size of it is 66.9MB. Is it safe to d/l this without issues?

I just went to windows update and noticed that SP3 can be loaded from there and the size of it is 66.9MB. Is it safe to d/l this without issues?

yeah i found it slowed my system down... but it should work....

If you are still using that MajorGeeks link for the 316mb redistributed forget it. That's a slow boat link and won't handle a large volume of traffic. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/Windows-XP-SP3.shtml

The 3rd service pack went on as expected here and simply installed any updates not already on along with some new stuff you won't find on the update site by themselves. Just like some programs require SP2 SP3 will have a few things there where you will eventually see SP3 required due to some other changes seen.

Back
Top Bottom