Updating my computer

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Well I get my Tuniq Tower monday, and I was thinking...since I have to basically remove the mobo to install the brackets, I was wondering if I should upgrade my mobo. Right now I have a asus 650i mobo (runs kinda hot for a case that has very nice airflow) that is just shitty imho lol. Think it's worth upgrading or wait? If I do get a new mobo it'll prolly be the Gigabyte S-Series p35 chipset model (only $100 bucks, and I have 1 in my wife's computer). I will never sli, so for me it's pointless. Let me know what ya'll think.

p5n-e sli 650i? that's what I've got...it seems to be running fine for me...it's been cool as long as I've had it but I just have a c2d in it running at stock speed (2.13GHZ---the 6420)...I'll probably just keep the board. If I decide to, I'll just build a completely new system because I'll want to upgrade everything..not just the board..so I guess I'm really not sure.

How hot is it running?

I've had my computer on for about a week straight and I'm at 34 degrees C...that's not bad at all. I'm running a Raidmax Smilodon Dirktooth Case...been good to me thus far. I believe there's a 120mm in the front, 2 80's in the rear (top exhaust, bottom inlet) and 2 80's on the side window (again, top exhaust--pushes heat away from cpu, and bottom is inlet--blowing on GPU)...your airflow might be better in your new case..I'd wait and see...then you can always get your new mobo...plus, what's a few screws here and there..that's the fun of computers! :)

Any other reason besides heat that you would want to switch?

it get's to about 52c after gaming for 6+ hours. I have the antec 900 with fan upgardes, so I know it's not the airflow, but the north and south bridges have crap for heatsinks. Just thought if it would be a nice upgrade.

man. that's pretty warm. Makes me wonder if something is faulty...? Do you still have a warranty on it?

prolly not, but it's not worth sending back anyways, the mobo is worth like 20 bucks now days lol

Back
Top Bottom