Considering Overclocking my Computer RAM and CPU

Already Overclocked :D

But I'm thinking its time to get a new video card. :(
Just look at my 3DMark Score:
Results.jpg

Really bad ain't it?

Wow, I'm stupid, I forgot that Overclocking the FSB increases the Ram speed too.

That still doesn't change the fact that I have no idea what ram timing I can change in my benefit without frying the Sticks.

Yep it does. So if your RAM ratio is 1:1 then 215FSB X 4(for DDR2) = 860Mhz RAM speed. Well thats the way it works on my mobo if it used DDR2 RAM.

So your RAM is doing well running over it's 800MHz stock speed at stock volts.

I might be in the market to buy one. :D
I got 100 Dollars saved up so I'm thinking, extra Chores here and there.

Now, I want a video card that I can overclock to beat a 8800GT. I really want something that has a exhaust and doesn't blow back into the case. But since that leaves my options to the 8 series, I'm going to go with a single card slot.

So, what card would you recommend me for about a budget of 160$-190$?
And would a 8800GTS be better than a 8800GT?

OK
If these cards hit core clocks of 900Mhz, How the hell are they not beating Nvidia?!?

Define pencil mod for me please?
(I haven't been up to date lately)

It involves simply taking a 2B pencil and shading a resistor on the PCB. The graphite will reduce the resistance and therefore increasing the Vcore. The second link shows you how to do it.

If these cards hit core clocks of 900Mhz, How the hell are they not beating Nvidia?!?
I'd say it'd surpass the GT at those speeds.

the ati have more steam possessors to
the whole this is the chip architect
nvidias is much better
also games are more optimized for the 8800 because its a lot more popular

It's not so much the architecture, but the TMUs that RV670 lacks. RV770 will have double the TMUs so it should eradicate the HD 3800's bottleneck.

Back
Top Bottom