Music Library needs sorting

Ok,I have 3.1gb of music,This is pretty much what it looks like:

60% in M4A
30% in MP3
10% in M4P

Now,I Have Sorted out my music into the correct Artists and Albums,But i have a few problems:

I Have Heaps of Duplicates!
I Have Heaps of Wrong ID3 Tags!
I Have Heaps of Wrong Album Covers!
I need all the file in Mp3.

So,What would be the best programs to help me here? (Converting and sorting)

P.s Will converting from M4A to Mp3 reduce quality?

Boy thats a good question. I tell you what after you get yours sorted you can remote to my computer and sort mine ;)

I started doing mine song by song but it takes forever. I'm pretty much in the same boat and I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to write all the artists and albums I have down and do a discography search and see if I can get the whole compilations that are already sorted to one format.

Funny, I'm in the middle of 5gb of mess myself currently.

I used nero to convert them all to mp3, and also used it to correct some tags.

For the rest of them, it's looking like a manual job....so F it. :D

I can't recommend any good free programs myself to batch convert...I'd search download.com

Are you using iTunes? I recently had to reorganize my 36GB of songs..that's 7,000 songs xD. Wasn't fun. Now they all have album art and correct names :D

Also, M4A is far superior to MP3. A 128kbps M4A song = a 320kbps MP3 (or so I'm told, it may not be this extreme). I wouldn't change the M4As into MP3s.

for ID3 tags I use the windows default stuff..... you can do a ton at a time if you want.

I then put them in folders by Artist-Album, and just give them the name of the song title.

The album art can be fixed with windows media player.

as for converting.... I use xilisoft video converter... it does music as well as videos. works really well.

edit- although I gave up on converting everything to 128 k-bits..... I'm fine with just having mp3's now.

Back
Top Bottom