Audacity

iffy

In Runtime
Any experienced audacity users out here? I wanna clear up an annoying buzzing sound in my recording, any ideas how I can do this? I also want the words in the recording to be louder, how can I do this? If I can't do this in audacity, is there any other programme out there that will allow me to do this with an audacity format file?

I do have Audacity but have only use it a few times.

I use CoolEdit Pro instead. But it sounds like your audio interface is the problem.

do you mean my microphone? I get a number of options when I plug in the microphone, I always select microphone. Should I select some other options?

Not the microphone.

Mic's are hard devices to match to audio interfaces.

Are you using on-board audio or do you have a PCI audio card?

Any experienced audacity users out here? I wanna clear up an annoying buzzing sound in my recording, any ideas how I can do this? I also want the words in the recording to be louder, how can I do this? If I can't do this in audacity, is there any other programme out there that will allow me to do this with an audacity format file?

The buzzing sound is almost always due to some shoddy electrical work, usually in the power supply of the device. You also have to worry about ground loops, as they can cause this. Try to use balanced connectors as they really help eliminate this.

For making vocals "louder", run them through an aggressive compressor.

Ok guys, I finally realised how to sort the annoying sound out. However I still have a question regarding this topic. Is it possible to run two microphones of the one system and have them recording at the same time independently, off the same application?

Ok guys, I finally realised how to sort the annoying sound out. However I still have a question regarding this topic. Is it possible to run two microphones of the one system and have them recording at the same time independently, off the same application?

I'd use a decent Mic mixer to do that.

Yeah, just get a soundcard with multiple mic inputs. They fall into the professional category and require a bit of extra money.

Back
Top Bottom