What is this type of connection?

What is a NxOC3 internet connection speed translate into Mbps?

I was at work talking to one of the IT guys and they told me they had switched ISP's to this Fixed broadband thing thats all wireless. Of course I was curious to find out more so I found there website and checked there active markets which I fall in. They say the following under there speed descriptions.

Source: Using FCC licensed and license-free wireless technology, we are deploying networks from 5Mbps through NxOC3.

I'm rather excited with the speeds they say you can get. If its not hugely overpriced I think I'll be switching if I fall in range for sure.

It's a COMMERICAL alternate to wired or fiber optic. It's not a public accessable service. The tech they talk about is 7 years old. While impressive, it's being outrun by other technologies.
It's a load sensitive routing manager. While your speeds may look quicker all that is due to your connection being routed around heavly congested paths. As the routes become more congested the newer traffic gets routed along an alternate path. It doesn't go any faster than the network will but maintains a consistant speed. And at the end of the day that's what really counts.

It's a COMMERICAL alternate to wired or fiber optic. It's not a public accessable service. The tech they talk about is 7 years old. While impressive, it's being outrun by other technologies.
It's a load sensitive routing manager. While your speeds may look quicker all that is due to your connection being routed around heavly congested paths. As the routes become more congested the newer traffic gets routed along an alternate path. It doesn't go any faster than the network will but maintains a consistant speed. And at the end of the day that's what really counts.

Thanks for the info there! After looking at there site for a bit it seems to be more business geared but I know where they have a transmission tower at since I can see it on the hill by my job.

So I don't know if I can actually get it or not. If so my guess is its going to expensive to setup. Still I'll humor myself and give them a ring monday. I finally just got to 1Mbps so 5Mbps would be freaking sweet.

Back
Top Bottom