Lag issue

Solovykh

Solid State Member
Hello

I'm having a lag issue while playing games. I will explain in detail later.

Computer Specs:

8800 GTS 320mb PCI-E Directx 10
Windows Vista Business 64bit
4GB ram DDR2
AMD Anthlon 64 x2 64000
500gb SATA 2 hard disk drive

Now I'm trying to play a game with these as the recommended settings, (it's an mmorpg [Dark Age of Camelot]).

Recommended settings for Dark age of Camelot

Preferred: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent – 1 GB RAM – 256 MB ATI X800 or Nvidia GeForce 6800 series or higher – Direct X 9.0c or later – Shader 2.X or greater support

Link to them: http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/kb/article.php?id=868

Now my problem is lag. I contacted the company of the game they said I should try an optimizer driver for AMD. This infers they think i have a processor problem, which makes sense because: Imagine 1 minute as a cycle, and every time the processor reacher that part of the cycle it lags. I can actually time my lag because about every 1-2 minutes i lag for about 15 seconds.

Now in the description of the optimizer it says it can synchronize a program. My question is will this help?
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Now It's not the game because I've tried multiple games such as

Dark age of Camelot
Unreal Tournament 3
Age of Empires 2

And they all lag in the same part of that cycle.

Also i thought it might be an overheating problem (my computer goes to about 115 F on the CPU and 85 F on the HDD) but about every month or so, my computer goes into no lag mode with the same temperature. When my computer has been in no lag mode for about 3 days it crashes, and when i reboot i have lag again.

So any recommendations for what to do?

okay well those temps arent bad at all, 29C on the hdd and 46C on the cpu, i'd recommend the dual core optimizer it helped my computer alot atleast... you sure its not like internet lag or anything like that? mabie you should turn your settings down a tad bit from recommened and see if that helps at all

I tried downloading the optimizer but when in the install screen i get this

Error 1721: There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required to run this install could not be run.

:confused:

What to do?

I've lowered all my settings to make the best performance. I'm connected to the internet through a cable from my Linksys thingy

well you prbly shouldent be lagging with that system, im not sure how you can fix that error, anyone got a idea? what was the operating system your on xp or vista?

it may not be supported for vista, and alot of games will lag more on vista since its takes up alot of resources. alot of people say xp is best for games and vista just looks cool lol

Makes Sense i guess.

Well I guess i'll just wait till a newer game comes out and see the results i get.

Back
Top Bottom