Ageia Physics Card?

wee493

In Runtime
I have been wondering If getting an Ageia physics card would benefit me very much. I usually Play UT3 and some Crysis. I was thinking of getting one instead of buying an expensive video card replacement. My Mobo only had one PCI x16 slot so i cant do SLI eithor. But what are some of the games that benefit from a physics processor.

Also I have some lag on UT3 because of processor power (1.8GHz) Could a Physics card take some load off the processor?:)

for the list of supported games use google.

But I wouldn't waste my money on a physics card. It will probably be better to use that money on other hardware. Not all games support the physics card and the performance gain usually isn't worth the money. At least it was like this when they were released, they are a bit cheaper now but I still think it's better to spend that money on other hardware.

Are you using the p in your sig? If so then I'd go with a new graphics card instead. Something like a 8800GT or a 9600GT would be excellent. The price would be about the same (if you sell your old vid card) and you would most likely get a lot better performance, and you would get this better performance in every single game.

for the list of supported games use google.

But I wouldn't waste my money on a physics card. It will probably be better to use that money on other hardware. Not all games support the physics card and the performance gain usually isn't worth the money. At least it was like this when they were released, they are a bit cheaper now but I still think it's better to spend that money on other hardware.

Are you using the p in your sig? If so then I'd go with a new graphics card instead. Something like a 8800GT or a 9600GT would be excellent. The price would be about the same (if you sell your old vid card) and you would most likely get a lot better performance, and you would get this better performance in every single game.

I never thought about selling my old video card. How much of a performance increase do u think i will see in a 9600GT ovrer my 8600GT?

A dedicated physics card is pretty much useless as most of today's newer Nvidia video cards already support the PhysX SDK along with Havok.

Back
Top Bottom