Are-My-CPU-Temperatures-High???

booted OK fine yeah??

whats the vcore set to in the bios and what does cpuz report the vcore at idle as? (vdrop) and the difference between idle and load? (vdroop)

Sorry that it took so long, I tryed playing with bios on my own and its much harder then I thought...so many variables to deal with.

I changed absalutelly everything to default accept the CPU FSB thats now 380*6 = 3040Mhz and ram divider. The ram is set 800 stock, when u OC it jump to 910 (333/800) I set it to 761 right now (333/667) I cant set it to 800.... only at default speeds

My V-Core in bios is 1.175 CPU-Z shows as 1.200V (IDLE)

Let me see if I can do a stress test. If my pc freezes this time, lats call it a night :) I have 4h of sleep left Maybe tomorow we can continue? I figures if we going to do this lats do it higher I think 3.2Ghz sounds good for my 1st OC

UPDATE

When I run small fft I have failed cores right away Cpu-Z showd 1.184V

Depending on your clock, expect mid 50's under P95.

You may have a stuck sensor, but they usually work under load. In most cases, large differences between the cores is a sign of a convex IHS.... lapping may be in order.

oh hell, I already replied. :p

Depending on your clock, expect mid 50's under P95.

You may have a stuck sensor, but they usually work under load. In most cases, large differences between the cores is a sign of a convex IHS.... lapping may be in order.

oh hell, I already replied. :p

I did lap the sucker, as well as the HS

lol is ur name delvryboy on Hardforums?

When you set the divider the ram should stay at DDR2 800 when you oc, there must be a setting you're missing somewhere.

That's an unusual board if it gains 0.025v between the bios and Windows, are you sure it is set to 1.175v in the bios?

Are you increasing VDIMM when you're overclocking your ram? if not then that can cause failure.

I wouldn't worry about those temperatures.
Here, its especially hot now (It hasn't been for quite a while), and idle, my 4 cores are hitting just under 50 degrees C.
I'm guessing they'd hit 60 odd when rendering, etc.

When you set the divider the ram should stay at DDR2 800 when you oc, there must be a setting you're missing somewhere.

That's an unusual board if it gains 0.025v between the bios and Windows, are you sure it is set to 1.175v in the bios?

Are you increasing VDIMM when you're overclocking your ram? if not then that can cause failure.

I'm still at work but I will check the dividers one more time when I get home. In bios am I supposed to look what im setting the Vcore too? or what its actually dislpaying? because if u take a look at my first pic, its set to 1.22 (on top) and displaying 1.26 (in the bottom) Out of the 2 which one am i supposed to use to to compare towards CPU-Z V-Core?

I wouldn't worry about those temperatures.
Here, its especially hot now (It hasn't been for quite a while), and idle, my 4 cores are hitting just under 50 degrees C.
I'm guessing they'd hit 60 odd when rendering, etc.

Cool, thanks for the info Kage :)

1.26v, the VID control is the identifier for the auto voltage setting by the looks of it, I'm a tad confused by your bios options, is the VID control the only way you can change voltages??

I wish I could get my hands on the pc physically, it'd make figuring out the bios a lot easier, I'll do a web search and see if I can find an oc template for that board.

If they got to around 70 degrees C, I'd worry, and probably take off my overclock in the hot weather.

1.26v, the VID control is the identifier for the auto voltage setting by the looks of it, I'm a tad confused by your bios options, is the VID control the only way you can change voltages??

If its 1.26v then I gave u thge wrong temps last time. I will update it when I get home in 2h. What other way is there to raise the V core...?

I wish I could get my hands on the pc physically, it'd make figuring out the bios a lot easier, I'll do a web search and see if I can find an oc template for that board.

I am leaving work now in 2 minutes, but there is a manual about my mobo, just google if u dont mind, I think it explains that is what.

If they got to around 70 degrees C, I'd worry, and probably take off my overclock in the hot weather.

My room always stays cool, I have nice AS working all the time :)

Back
Top Bottom