I used a MAC for the first time ever today...

Should run practically everything.

You just have to make sure you download the PPC version and not the x86 version of Linux if using a Power PC CPU.

For the one mouse button, if it's a desktop, get a PC USB mouse and the second button will work like it does on Windows. If on a laptop, the same thing, but it might get a little annoying to carry around a mouse if you are on the go. Ctrl+click actually isn't that hard to remember once you get used to it. I'm also a big Ctrl+C user, and had to get used to Apple key+C for copy on my Mac. Kinda weird since there is still a Ctrl key on the Apple keyboard.

For OSX, it not for everyone. I decided to get a used Apple to see what all the hype was about. I'm not overly impressed, but it's alright, something to get used to. I'm not a convert or anything since Windows still supports a majority of the programs I use, while Mac doesn't. For buying Apple hardware to run Windows, why bother? It will cost you more than to just get a PC that is actually made for Windows.

No, no misconception, trust me, this mouse had one button.
New macs too, they were no more then 2 years old, proly new at teh beggining of the year.

Then they came with a mighty mouse, which has around four buttons. You can't seem them, but they're there.

For Macbooks, you simply place two fingers on the touchpad to simulate a right click.

macs still use a one button mouse set uphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ERgZ9dztk

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/design.html

Alas the fate of the one-button mouse in today's multibutton world. Who has time for intuitive, elegant design when there is so much clicking to do? Thanks to a smooth top shell with touch-sensitive technology beneath, Mighty Mouse allows you to right click without a right button. Capacitive sensors under Mighty Mouse's seamless top shell detect where your fingers are and predict your clicking intentions, so you don't need two buttons — just two fingers. Click on the left side to use Mighty Mouse in its simplest, single-button form. Click on the right to access contextual menus within applications and edit, copy, label or download from your mouse. It's simple sleight of hand.

I haven't used a Mac personally but from everything I've saw and read online and heard from others, I wouldn't mine having one. On the other hand, I'm fine with Windows right now so I don't feel the need to change.

2 button mice work perfectly fine on a Mac. I don't like them either to be honest, but thats a very bad reason for not liking them. Sorry.

No, trust me, it was ONE button. Unless they had the buttons hidden on the bottom of the mouse where no one would be able to use them, which, after the fake delete button, I wouldnt be surprised... But it was one button, the whole thing clicked instead of just a button, and there was no dot thing like on the might mouse. I've used those little dot things before, and I dont like them either.

I'll probably buy a mac someday. They're nice machines. But I'd probably either run Ubuntu or XP on it. Not really compelled to ever use Mac OSX.
Then there's no point in buying one. You have no freedom on the hardware side of things. All the drivers come from Apple for a start which I wouldn't feel comfortable with, and you need specific MAC hardware. The 8800GT and HD 3870 have just been released for the MAC yet the PC got them ages ago.

superman22x, yep, they come default with 1 mouse button, but you can easily fit even a Microsoft mouse, and it'll work with 2, instead of having to press the Apple button instead.

Back
Top Bottom