Car Thread!

Pfft too high at 40k I could get a brand new loaded G37S, that will spank that E46. BMW's are too expensive, I would go Lexus or Infiniti they are FTW.

Depends on where you look. I've seen most E46's hover around $12,000 to $25,000. The E46 M3 is gonna cost more obviously, but it's still a great car with a liquid smooth 3.2-litre straight six that won International Engine of the Year a few times. Hell, it can even keep up with the Audi RS4. :rolleyes:

As for Lexus and Infiniti, they're just overpriced Toyotas and Nissans in my opinion. The G35 Coupe is nice, but you could easily get the 350Z for cheaper with pretty much the same performance. As for Lexus...meh, all they have is the IS-F which is pretty fast, but hell...that car has so many fake things that I would rather just pay a little extra for the E92 M3. Form AND function for a little more.

Besides, the steering in Japanese cars are too light. Fine for daily driving, but if you're a petrolhead who likes to go on the occasional spirited drive, it just doesn't feel as good.

Depends on where you look. I've seen most E46's hover around $12,000 to $25,000. The E46 M3 is gonna cost more obviously, but it's still a great car with a liquid smooth 3.2-litre straight six that won International Engine of the Year a few times. Hell, it can even keep up with the Audi RS4. :rolleyes:

As for Lexus and Infiniti, they're just overpriced Toyotas and Nissans in my opinion. The G35 Coupe is nice, but you could easily get the 350Z for cheaper with pretty much the same performance. As for Lexus...meh, all they have is the IS-F which is pretty fast, but hell...that car has so many fake things that I would rather just pay a little extra for the E92 M3. Form AND function for a little more.

Besides, the steering in Japanese cars are too light. Fine for daily driving, but if you're a petrolhead who likes to go on the occasional spirited drive, it just doesn't feel as good.

There nice, I wouldnt mind owning one, but for the price I would get something else. You see tons of E46's especially here in cali. Hey Lexus or Infiniti might be overpriced, there the luxury brand but you got toyota or Nissan reliability behind you. I heard way to many problems of BMW's electrical problems, and the cost of the maintenance.

I just love the G35, they do share the VQ engine from the 350z I just love the stock note on those things. The new G37 replaced the G35 coupe, with a better version of the VQ producing about 330HP tighter chasis its like a freaking mini GTR without the turbo. Starting at 36k for the G37Sport I would so get that over the newer E90's. The IS is nice I like how agressive and sharp they look, IS-F has some new things tho 8-speed transmision is real nice, in that price range the E92 M3 seems like a better choice.

Maybe for economy car but not for high priced ones.

There nice, I wouldnt mind owning one, but for the price I would get something else. You see tons of E46's especially here in cali. Hey Lexus or Infiniti might be overpriced, there the luxury brand but you got toyota or Nissan reliability behind you. I heard way to many problems of BMW's electrical problems, and the cost of the maintenance.

I just love the G35, they do share the VQ engine from the 350z I just love the stock note on those things. The new G37 replaced the G35 coupe, with a better version of the VQ producing about 330HP tighter chasis its like a freaking mini GTR without the turbo. Starting at 36k for the G37Sport I would so get that over the newer E90's. The IS is nice I like how agressive and sharp they look, IS-F has some new things tho 8-speed transmision is real nice, in that price range the E92 M3 seems like a better choice.

Maybe for economy car but not for high priced ones.

Yeah, there are a lot of E46's in California...annoying because most people only have one cause it just increases their social status. They don't even drive them properly. :rolleyes: BMW's don't have THAT many problems...depends on how you maintain your car. BMW dealerships do charge a lot for service though...I will admit that. Still, you gotta pay to play. ;)

The G35 is alright. The VQ engine isn't bad, good HP and lots of torque. The G37S isn't bad for the price, but I'd rather have the E90 335i. It's 3.0-litre Twin Turbo Straight Six didn't win the International Engine of the Year for the second time in a row for no reason. :)

Yea, the IS250 and IS350 isn't bad. I just can't stand the IS-F though...it looks like they punched out the hood and filled it with fat...so ugly. I can't stand all the fake stuff either, like the side vents and the quad exhaust tips. :rolleyes:

i'm retarded with cars what type of fuel does a 2009 Mitsubishi outlander take? i put regular in it it was a customers car....omg i hope it doesn't mess up :'(

i'm retarded with cars what type of fuel does a 2009 Mitsubishi outlander take? i put regular in it it was a customers car....omg i hope it doesn't mess up :'(

Its ok, only high performance cars with a high compression ratio, turbo or supercharger require premium fuel. The Outlander is fine :)

okay car gurus!
my car is a 1998 ford Contour 119,600? miles on it
yawn okay sometimes when parked a t alight i go to turn on the heat or Ac and when i dot he hole car shakes for a second and sometimes when im stopped like at a light or something the hole car will like shake its hard to explain what i mean....its like the car wants to die out or something...

okay car gurus!
my car is a 1998 ford Contour 119,600? miles on it
yawn okay sometimes when parked a t alight i go to turn on the heat or Ac and when i dot he hole car shakes for a second and sometimes when im stopped like at a light or something the hole car will like shake its hard to explain what i mean....its like the car wants to die out or something...

This usually happens to I4 engines, due to being small AC can have some stress on the car. Bigger engines dont suffer this. I think its pretty normal for it to vibrate a bit at a stop because the engine is not runin, it is just idleing. I got a 05 tC with 24k mile and I do notice some vibration when I turn the AC on only when the car is on idle or parked.

It would be a problem if it shakes that much, but if its to noticeable it might be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom