Not so good? (99NASHA!)

thanks to all that have given me tips so far. I will come on my of later and browse properly!!

Seeing you attempt to beat my car in a race. A race 50 feet, yeah, I can see you winning. But a race to 80mph or a 1/4 mile? I'd laugh my F*%&ing balls off :D

What do you drive because it might be possible. What type of car are you running?

I just tried out this simple 0-60 calculator.

KX125's make around 35HP and the bike weighs around 200 pounds dry. So with a bit of gas and will say 175 pounds for a rider that is 375 pounds. And you get the following results.

Power / Weight Ratio: 0.09333333333333334
0-60 mph: 4.950628519462838 seconds

Compared to say a Integra Type R which weighs 2822 pounds and has a horsepower of 195HP. Adding say 175 pounds for a driver you get a total weight of 2997 pounds which I'll round to 3000 pounds. You get the following 0-60 times.

Power / Weight Ratio: 0.065
0-60 mph: 7.027826354473255 seconds

Now say a Mustang GT is what 3200 pounds with 300 horsepower. So lets add 175 to that and figure out what it does.

Power / Weight Ratio: 0.08888888888888889
0-60 mph: 5.135140299850211 seconds

You still lose the 0-60 times. Now if the bike was geared up to run 90 miles an hour you would beat the Integra in a quarter mile but the mustang would overake you in the last 1/8th mile.

http://www.060calculator.com/

I don't know if you have ever drag raced but most cars don't make it past 3rd gear in the 1/4 mile. Maybe 4th if you have a close ratio gearbox. Unless were talking built cars I'm referring to cars from the factory. And in case you ask yes I've drag raced both on the streets and on drag tracks considering I only lived 2 miles from one when I was younger.

Also @ superman22x yes 65-70 is about tops on them from the factory. There geared to race not to run down the road. If you gear them up they will go faster but what good is that when you need to go from 0-30 after a corner to hit a 80 foot triple 50 feet past the corner. Baja races gear there bikes up for the desert and sand dunes. Motocross races leave them alone or gear them down to accelerate faster because they need as much low end pickup as possible.

2-Strokes are Fun! Haha. You'll quickly learn the term of "Riding the Pipe" with the 2-Strokes. Only then will you unleash the true power of the bike...Might scare the shit out of you though. Atleast that was the case when I first got into riding years ago. Four strokes you have a much more forgiving power band and is much more friendly. For beginner riders 2 strokes are harder in a sense as you constantly have to "ride the pipe". When I first got on my bike I had trouble keeping it going, and the more and more I got tired of listening to my teachers yell, RIDE THE PIPE, RIDE THE PIPE, I went ahead and did....And HOT DAMN I felt like the goon on an ACME rocket...Scared the living shit out of me as that bike literally.....TOOK OFF!!!

Now I ride an 07 Yamaha Raptor 700R Quad.

Good Luck kid.:eek: :eek:

Lol, I was shitting myself!

It was ok, kept stalling when letting off the clutch becuase I didn't want to shoot if the back.. any idea to boost this confidence?

Then the other problem I had was holding onto the throttle when going over dumps, and I kept speeding up really fast, then had a problem of putting my feet down.

I mainly put it down to not having enough flat space and not having enough room to turn, but anyone know anything that will help me learn the controls quicker on my mum's friends flat field, and whats the max power I could handle when letting off the clutch?

Lol, I was shitting myself!

It was ok, kept stalling when letting off the clutch becuase I didn't want to shoot if the back.. any idea to boost this confidence?

Then the other problem I had was holding onto the throttle when going over dumps, and I kept speeding up really fast, then had a problem of putting my feet down.

I mainly put it down to not having enough flat space and not having enough room to turn, but anyone know anything that will help me learn the controls quicker on my mum's friends flat field, and whats the max power I could handle when letting off the clutch?
Dont put your feet down if you can help it!! lol, not a good idea. Its not as dangerous on a dirtbike as a quad, but still dont do it, lol. I did it once when riding my friends 4x4 rancher... I got lucky. We were going down the road to my house, and got to an intersection, and about a 1/4 mile down the road my friend said he saw a state trooper, so he on his 400ex, whipped that thing around, and got to his house in a couple seconds... Me, on a slow 350 4x4, I turned a bit to sharp, and was riding at about a 45* angle for a couple seconds(this is when I put my foot down) and I slowly made it back to the house, to have my friend tell me it wasnt the cop that went by...

Thanks for the clarification mattie!

i would like to see how well you could drive a car on a motorcross track

bowler%20Bardahl.jpg

:)

Back
Top Bottom