Are-My-CPU-Temperatures-High???

40°C under load at stock clocks and minimal volts would be about right I would hazard, what are your ambient room tempertures??

40°C under load would be about right I would hazard, what are your ambient room tempertures??

21c for ambient

Update

Well its hard to say.... here is 333*8

Idle
Core 0 = 28
Core 1 = 27
Core 2 = 40
Core 3 = 39

And here 333*6

Idle
Core 0 = 25
Core 1 = 25
Core 2 = 39
Core 3 = 37

The thing that is most noticable here is sensors 2&3, they hardly moved between 333*8 and 333*6 whereas 0&1 dropped ~3°C, that would confirm to me that they are faulty.

I'd run with 0&1 being the more correct, if you're going to oc another option is to set Real Temp to show Delta to TjMax, that way it counts down to TjMax as you oc. Keep it above 10°C or so and you're well within the cpu's temperature parameters.

The thing that is most noticable here is sensors 2&3, they hardly moved between 333*8 and 333*6 whereas 0&1 dropped ~3°C, that would confirm to me that they are faulty.

I'd run with 0&1 being the more correct, if you're going to oc another option is to set Real Temp to show Delta to TjMax, that way it counts down to TjMax as you oc. Keep it above 10°C or so and you're well within the cpu's temperature parameters.

Thank you for ur help.

Well if this sucker goes up in flames, It will give me a reason to get a new one :)

Thank you for ur help.

Well if this sucker goes up in flames, It will give me a reason to get a new one :)
no worries mate, always glad to help, especially a fellow overclocker. it will only create a thermal event and throttle or shut down if it gets too hot, you'll be fine.

Now go oc that sucker.

I found some info on Xtremesystems regarding an ES (Engineering Sample) Q9450 that appeared to have a FSB wall of 478MHz, also at 3.6GHz under full load Core Temp with TjMax of 100°C it was reading 50°C (which would be 45°C with TjMax of 95°C) so your load temps are looking pretty correct on 1&2

Thread link

EDIT:

Another site with a similar FSB result, seems you may have to be satisfied with 3.6GHz

Thread Link

no worries mate, always glad to help, especially a fellow overclocker. it will only create a thermal event and throttle or shut down if it gets too hot, you'll be fine.

Now go oc that sucker.

I found some info on Xtremesystems regarding an ES (Engineering Sample) Q9450 that appeared to have a FSB wall of 478MHz, also at 3.6GHz under full load Core Temp with TjMax of 100°C it was reading 50°C (which would be 45°C with TjMax of 95°C) so your load temps are looking pretty correct on 1&2

Thread link

Great info :)

Thanks again +1

see second edit above, another site with more info

The Article said:
3.2GHz on 1.175 volts was a promising start for this chip. Having a VID of 1.0625v was another plus in the quest to wring some additional performance from the newest from Intel. With the promising start I was very optimistic that the 9450 would be a great clocking chip. 450 x 8 came easily with 1.30 volts on the core and a tweak to the northbridge and FSB voltages to add some stability. Booting at 475 x 8 was possible but did not offer any stability, even with up to 1.75 on the chipset and 1.425v on the CPU core. That was kind of dissapointing, but nevertheless it gave a point to work down from. Lowering the clockspeed a bit at a time, I reached stability at 463 x 8 with 1.360 volts to the core and 1.6 volts to the northbridge. Not too shabby for a day's work! The temperatures did not seem to scale with the voltage like the QX9770 and Q6600s do, but the 9450 still gets a little warm. With 1.37 volts, I saw 64C with the less than optimum heatsink I used.

:)

Word!

Thats exactly what I need for my OC start (first timer) O boy I can picture me chilling on my chair doing stress testing and smelling smoke "hmm is my mom cooking food? o shit my PC!" hahahah

Back
Top Bottom