I used a MAC for the first time ever today...

I walked into a world supplier of sheet metal a year ago to get a piece of scrap, and I saw a dozen macs setup and being used by office workers there. I think that sums it up.
It's cause it was a scrap yard. Someone scraped the macs for $$ and they just decided to use them.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;793477 said:
Once you hit the real world how many businesses do you see using Mac's besides apple?

The number is growing exponentially. More and more businesses are moving over to mac based environments.

As for the differences, yes their are differences. Things behave slightly differently. You can't say windows is right and mac is wrong, as who is to say windows isn't wrong on how things are done? With very little effort, you can get used to using both mac's and PC's. I used both daily for around 2 years.

As for one button mice, they are what came with the older macs (PowerPC). Instead of right click, you control+click.

As for deleting, to get a normal delete you do shift + delete if I am correct? Hard to remember, these things just come naturally.

yes, because semi trucks line up in the dozens to drop off rolls of stainless steel to a scrap yard. :rolleyes:
lol, I was jk man. But isnt that what a scrap yard is for?... Take scrap metal there and trade it in for money? Scraped cars, scraped macs, whats the difference? Or was this not that kind of metal place?

The number is growing exponentially. More and more businesses are moving over to mac based environments.

As for the differences, yes their are differences. Things behave slightly differently. You can't say windows is right and mac is wrong, as who is to say windows isn't wrong on how things are done? With very little effort, you can get used to using both mac's and PC's. I used both daily for around 2 years.

As for one button mice, they are what came with the older macs (PowerPC). Instead of right click, you control+click.

As for deleting, to get a normal delete you do shift + delete if I am correct? Hard to remember, these things just come naturally.
I'll probably buy a mac someday. They're nice machines. But I'd probably either run Ubuntu or XP on it. Not really compelled to ever use Mac OSX.

Before intel CPUs started appearing in Macs though, I would never even consider it.

lol, I was jk man. But isnt that what a scrap yard is for?... Take scrap metal there and trade it in for money? Scraped cars, scraped macs, whats the difference? Or was this not that kind of metal place?

I couldn't help myself.... "SCRAPPED"

:D

I'll probably buy a mac someday. They're nice machines. But I'd probably either run Ubuntu or XP on it. Not really compelled to ever use Mac OSX.

Before intel CPUs started appearing in Macs though, I would never even consider it.

The PPC ones can run Ubuntu :D

I may buy one... Quite tempting...

Back
Top Bottom