Antec Twelve Hundred

Actually Antec cases are steel. Steel=shit for cooling. If you're buying a case for cooling and ventilation, you want aluminum.

Lian-Li makes the best cases, hands down. It's no contest really.

EXACTLY. I don't understand why everyone says the Antec 900 is the best for cooling. For a start, like you said, it's entirely steel, and there's no point in having loads of fans if the case is so small that the airflow is restricted. Add that to bad cable management and you've got a furnace. That's why I just ordered the Gigabyte 3D Aurora. All aluminium, full tower so there's lots of room, and plently of ventilation. Unfortunatly I couldn't afford a Lian-li but oh well.

EXACTLY. I don't understand why everyone says the Antec 900 is the best for cooling. For a start, like you said, it's entirely steel, and there's no point in having loads of fans if the case is so small that the air can't actually circulate. Add that to bad cable management and you've got a furnace. That's why I just ordered the Gigabyte 3D Aurora. All aluminium, full tower so there's lots of room, and plently of ventilation. Unfortunatly I couldn't afford a Lian-li but oh well.

Steel vs Aluminium doesn't matter really at all if you have adequate airflow. It should never have enough time to pickup the heat.

Also for the 900 being "small", its larger than most cases, and you don't need air to "circulate", you need it to pass in, than over hot components, than out of the case as soon as possible.

Yeah, bigger cases I'd of thought would have more of a problem. The Antec 900 is large enough, but small enough to make sure hot air gets out pretty quickly

Steel vs Aluminium doesn't matter really at all if you have adequate airflow. It should never have enough time to pickup the heat.

Also for the 900 being "small", its larger than most cases, and you don't need air to "circulate", you need it to pass in, than over hot components, than out of the case as soon as possible.

Alright, I circulate wasn't the right word, I fixed it now:) . I consider it small for a $140 case, for that money I would want a full tower.

Back
Top Bottom