Random Reboots

Will1

In Runtime
Hey CF,

I haven't been on for a long while, busy with school etc...

Anyways, over the last 6 months my computer has been randomly rebooting. This occurs no more than once a week. At one point about 2 months back I formatted it and reinstalled XP as well as all of my drivers etc. I did not install any additional hardware/software, yet the problem still persisted while I was only browsing the web.

The only thing that I can think is that it has something to do with my second monitor. I have tried using XP defaults for the second, as well as nVidia's utilities (both i was not happy with) and eventually got UltraMon which I am quite happy with.

Also, I'm also thinking that maybe my 600w Antec PSU is not enough for all my hardware? I don't think that overheating is an issue because I have an Antec 900 case with lots of fans. Most of the time they practically blow cold air.

Sometime this summer I'm hoping to upgrade everything except for the case, ram, sound card and hard drives.

Any Ideas or Suggestions?

Thanks

Take the side panel off and check for dust, a good hoover out every 3-4 months is wise, Check the heatsinc(between the panels) gets pretty clogged up there, Take out you ram sticks and check them aswell but be especially carefull cleaning those.

Alright, I will try both of those and let you know the results.

Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom