New computer

You see I said intitally that the PSU you chose was fine because it's pretty efficient meaning that even if your system drew, lets say, 400W MAX that would mean the PSU itself would draw about 480W from the mains. The only way this PSU will draw 1100W from the mains is if your internals draw 880W. Maybe an OC'd SkullTrail set up with multi SLI.

Thats the beauty of these switching PSU's and the 80W wasted power is in the form of heat that the PSU generates.

The only negative about the PSU you have chosen is maybe it's efficiency and it's price....

2x 8800gts + Q9300 system absolute max of 350W? MIGHT be possible but I wouldn't want to run that with a 400W psu.
Of course you wouldn't, but I just wanted to correct people who were saying that it would draw 700W.

What are you using this computer for first of all.

If you want 2 500 gigs to run as 1tb you can either just use them as one tb or you can stripe them in a RAID 0. If you decide to go RAID 0 and one of the drives fails you lose all of it.

About RAID

I'm looking to do a lot of gaming with it. I also want to be able to have a printer with a word processor so I can type some shi....I mean stuff for school on it.

Back
Top Bottom