Driving lesson troubles.

hey kage, practice makes perfect.. good luck on the actual driving test when you take it.

The "speed limit" is more like the speed minimum here.

Also, the rule for highways is go the speed of traffic.

Yeah, for most places it is. Technically the speed limits on US highways is 65, but they only do that because they know if they set the speed limit to 85, people will go up to 85. So they purposely set it lower so people won't go too fast.

The general rule of thumb when driving on US highways and expressways is to go with the flow of traffic.

EDIT>>> Oh and if any of you live in London, cheers to you! Finally got rid of the idiot Ken Livingstone. Such ridiculous tax fees and restrictions....

Where I live, nobody goes the speed limit on the highway. The "speed limit" is 55, but if you aren't going 70, you're going too slow. If you think I'm kidding, go 55 on the mass pike and see how many times you get flipped off.

Driving in Boston is a whole nother way of driving.

Yeah, for most places it is. Technically the speed limits on US highways is 65, but they only do that because they know if they set the speed limit to 85, people will go up to 85. So they purposely set it lower so people won't go too fast.

The general rule of thumb when driving on US highways and expressways is to go with the flow of traffic.

EDIT>>> Oh and if any of you live in London, cheers to you! Finally got rid of the idiot Ken Livingstone. Such ridiculous tax fees and restrictions....

they are good with rediculous tax fees over here.. very nearly up to $10 a gallon for diesel :mad:

Where I live, nobody goes the speed limit on the highway. The "speed limit" is 55, but if you aren't going 70, you're going too slow. If you think I'm kidding, go 55 on the mass pike and see how many times you get flipped off.

Driving in Boston is a whole nother way of driving.

It's like that almost anywhere in the US. You drive around 60 or so and people will start honking at you and giving you dirty glances.

One thing I do wish the police did do is enforce the left lane rule on highways. I'm sick of having idiots blocking my way in the left lane...so annoying. Go as slow as you want, just don't block others.

they are good with rediculous tax fees over here.. very nearly up to $10 a gallon for diesel :mad:

Yeah. I live in the US and even I think having a congestion charge is pretty damn ridiculous. Taxing people will only make people hate you, not make it better for everyone...I'm sure they would've learned that lesson a long time ago when the American Revolution started.

Its bad luck to tell you the date...

...but its on the 15th May :) ...opps...

Anyhow, thanks haha.

David, I've been driving for 24 lessons so far. I'll have my exam on the 30th one which counts as 1 lesson anyway.
Like i said, sometimes I can have no problems what so ever, and then another week, I'll make tonnes of mistakes I shouldn't make.

Its bad luck to tell you the date...

...but its on the 15th May :) ...opps...

Anyhow, thanks haha.

David, I've been driving for 24 lessons so far. I'll have my exam on the 30th one which counts as 1 lesson anyway.
Like i said, sometimes I can have no problems what so ever, and then another week, I'll make tonnes of mistakes I shouldn't make.

Just try and observe other people when you are in the car with them, watch how they do things and you should be able to pick it up.

There is a huge amount of luck involved with driving tests, just remember that if you stall it etc, that doesn't mean a fail so just keep calm and you should do ok

yeah, every driving test allows for so many mistakes too, so as if you do make one...yeah, david's idea of observation can be helpful.

It's pretty tough if you test with a manual gearbox though. From what I know, it's a major infraction if you stall the car and one major infraction is good enough to fail you. I do know for a fact you're given 14 minor infractions before you're failed. That counts as speeding, failing to shoulder check etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom