amd having a bad time =[

Putting aside any fanboyism, I REALLY do not want to see AMD shut down. If we lose AMD (and at that, ATi) there wont be any more competition. Intel and nvidia will just jack the prices sky high, and nobody will be able to compete with them.

Just like the oil industry.

AMD won't just dissapear, they will be bought out before that happens. Nvidia are more interested in VIA I think so that excludes them as potential buyers...
If RV770 is as good as it seems, that will definitely be good news for them especially as yields are reportedly excellent unlike Nvidia's G92. That is why Nvidia are hoping to shrink G92 to 55nm to reduce costs and improve yields.

I got my amd because it was cheaper. I think if they raise prices $0.50 per product, they could easily afford to run some tv ads (heck, they could do that now...). when I was a n00b, I never would've touched an AMD because I never heard of them, and compaq uses them in lower cost comps, so I assumed they were crap.

The only bad thing about VIA is that, there not in the market for powerful CPU's.
Most of their CPU's are "Tree Hugger Friendly" and use 1 watt for a 500 Mhz CPU, or 10 watts for 1.5 Ghz CPU.

They make good products, but I really don't want to get all excited about a 500 Mhz CPU, those times have passed. If VIA were to go into the Desktop CPU wars, then that would be interesting.

if amd goes outta business there will be no real compettition to intel or n vidia and so i think both of them will
A) increase prices as consumers have no choice and if you wanna stay in with the PC gaming market buy whatever intel /n vidia is churning out for whatever price thay say
B) i think they will become less inovative and not develop their processors performance as quickly because right now the only reason that intel keeps releasing new processors and new sockets is to stay ahead of AMD and not let them get the lead , same with gpus and so if AMD and ATI are out of business intel will have no compettition and therefore less of an insentive to release new processors as often as they do now
so love or hate AMD if you think about it they are the only reason intel are so good

Back
Top Bottom