Hrm.. How to achieve 4.0ghz with the e8400 and the MSI P35?

I was running my E3110 (same as E8400) at 500*8 @ 1.3375v. It is recommended to keep the vcore below 1.4v

Grab real temp to check your temperatures, make sure the TjMax is set to 95°C

EDIT: Have you increased your northbridge voltage at all??

Are you running you memory unlinked or are you ocing the memory as well?

EDIT2: Data base from my other forum (note that the vcore shown in the table below is read in Windows under 100% load)

45nmpf7.jpg

EDIT: Have you increased your northbridge voltage at all??

Are you running you memory unlinked or are you ocing the memory as well?

I am just tweaking the CPU FSB, and CPU Voltage.

Above in the OP is my Bios settings if theirs anything else I should tweak. Right now I have it at 400x9 3.6 just cause i didn't need to mess with any voltage cause I am still not sure about the OC thing until I get more info.

:)

I'll have a look at the bios options you have linked.

EDIT: The bios is a little different than I'm used to, I'd disable cpu spread spectrum as well if I were you. the memory options are a tad confusing, the Asus boards are much easier to use with regard to memory dividers, I'd leave them well alone and concentrate on the cpu for now.

What is the highest FSB you can boot to??

Can you get 500MHz FSB? (use a lower ratio e.g. 500*6 = 3000MHz which is your stock clock)

If you can get 500MHz FSB then it is just a matter of upping the vcore (and maybe the NB) until you get stability

EDIT2: I finally settled on 3.6GHz for my E3110 with vcore at 1.225 for everyday use as that seemed to be the "sweet spot"

with the stock vcore I was able to get to 410x9

so upp the FSB to 500x6?

what does lowering the cpu ratio do? whats the diff between 500x6 and 333x9?

I want to see if the vcore or the FSB is holding you back from 4.0GHz, if you can boot to 500*6 that means your board is capable of 500MHz FSB and it is the lack of vcore holding you back at 500*8

I using the P35 Neo-2. For the life of me, I couldn't get it stable @ 445x9. 500x8 and I was good to go w/ vcore@1.3275, NB@1.5, SB@1.6, and fsb@auto.

Anyhow, the performance increase was next to nothing compared to the extra heat. I have been running @ 3.6 w/ 1.24 vcore loaded 24/7 for 3 weeks now without a hiccup.

Yea i heard after 3.6ghz their really isn't any performance boost. So I think I will just keep it at 3.6ghz...

I really wanted to get my vista score to 5.9 but guess I'll have to stick with 5.8 (everything is 5.9 besides the processor which is 5.8 :*( )

Back
Top Bottom