Which gfx card is better?

which one of your computers is this for and what are you going to do with it?
I'd honestly stay away from both of those, if you are using it just for internet etc then there is no need to upgrade, and if it's for games then those are going to suck. If you need something cheap for gaming then look for used 6800gt's or used 7600gt's. I wouldn't get anything weaker than those.

i currently have the ATI RAEDON 9550 in my 3.4ghz P4, 2gb DDR ram pc. However as of today i've aquired the MSI card, and i was wondering whether to swap it for my ATI RAEDON 9550. I play a few games (hl2 etc). I will probaly build a new pc with DDR2 and PCI-E slots soon. Just wondering whether or not to swap.

Hm, I don't know what to tell you. First of all, are you sure the Radeon has 2x the RAM? The link you provided shows 128MB for it as well.

I don't think you'll see a major difference from the information I've found. However, I only spent a few seconds reading those. Maybe the best way would be to actually try the new card with new drivers (if it isn't a PITA for you!).

yeah my card is infact a gigabyte RADEON 9550 RV350. WHich does have 256mb ram.

cant be arsed to swap cards. meh

Well then, I suggest just sticking to the card you've got right now. Even though double the RAM doesn't ALWAYS mean better performance, it *usually* does. :)

Stay away from the FX, they are from the long period when Nvidia was being owned by ATi. The 9000 series were great cards at the time.

Back
Top Bottom