My Own Download.com

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok guys ive had my web server up for a while now and have mainly used it for file storage so i can post stuff online and download files i need from friends pc's

my Q is if i make my own download.com type site with a proper UI with links to download stuff and maybe 1 or 2 programs arent entirely legal how risky do you think that is ?

i was thinking maybe setup the site with all legal stuff then if i need something i got off a torrent then i make the file coded,

E.g im at a friends house and need to download winrar to unrar something.

on my webserver i stored winrar as 239142318118.zip

thats w=23 i=9 n=14 r =18 a=1

so that would maybe be download.com/hide/239142318118.zip

with no physical links to it on the website but just links i can type into the address bar.

what do you think obviously i wont get download.com domain but is an example first off what would be the risks of open linking illegal files and second whats the risk of code linking the files.

what are your thoughts on the matter and i know some of you will safe stop downloading torrents they are illegal dont advertise it, im not advertising it here dont close thread

so that would be safe and i wouldnt be likely to get sued or n e thing like that.

ok it doesnt seem to be working maybe someone with a lil more experience in this could help me,

heres my code.

Code:
AuthName "Restricted Area" 
AuthType Basic 
AuthUserFile C:\\program files\\abyss web server\\htdocs\\protected/.htpasswd 
AuthGroupFile /dev/null 
require valid-user

now for some reason that website puts double \\ in but i have changed to single and tried single and double with no luck,

i have 2 files 1 .htaccess file 1 .htpasswd these were created in notepad i change from text document to all files and entered file name exactly as above.

how does the website im trying to view contact these files should i not enter any code on my web page

Back
Top Bottom