XP on non bootable CD machine

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok guys ive got a problem

im using a very old compact pc its got 96 mb RAM and a celeron 300 Mhz processor it came with win 98 but half my stuff jus isnt compatible so i decided id put XP on it, but it doesnt have a CD dive in it and only 1 IDE cable and 1 IDE slot,

so what i tried is installing XP onto the hardrive and without installing n e of my drivers jus put it in that comp but it seems it doesnt want to boot it comes up safe mode normal etc but no matter what option i choose it jus sits on a black screen jus before the XP loading screen would usually b there,

ive waited like 10 mins and it doesnt move on, as i said tried all 3 safe modes tried last known good config normal mode and nothing will work.

did i do something wrong is there a better way to get XP onto that comp0uter ?

put the cd drive on the same ide channel as the hard drive, you can run 2 devices. You may want to slap some ram in there, xp is going to crawl with that amount of ram and the memory with thrash like crazy.

I hate to say I told you so on the just putting the hard drive into it. Windows can not locate many of your base system drivers and will not boot because of it likely. Hook up a cd drive and the hard drive to the same channel and install it that way.

Well, it had to have a cd drive at some point and time, windows 98 was a cd install. 95 was the last one that was installed on a floppy. So there must be some way to hook it up. Check your boot order and check your jumpers on your drives.

hang on even if i do get it hooked up will XP install on 96 Mb RAM i thougth min spec was 128.

From all my previous installs when i've installed XP without any other software the system uses 91.5MB. It should do it.

Ive installed XP on a machine with 64Mb and it did not work well at all. It was so sluggish and barely did anything.

Back
Top Bottom