Sound card issues

DarkSideMoon

Beta member
Hi there, I have an onboard realtek AC '97 on my desktop, it's roughly 3 years old. One day, I think it was after a restart, I noticed my sound was now mono. I've tried all the settings, checked balance, nothing seemed to help. I did notice pulling the plug 1/4 of the way out of the jack fixed it. It is not only my speakers, it is my headphones as well, and I've ruled out a faulty jack as the one directly on the motherboard exhibits the same issue. I know it would be easier to just buy another sound card but it's not financially viable at the moment, and I can't stand mono sound much longer. Also, it's not truly mono, I can hear sound very very faintly in the other speaker.

Also, I have not tried in any of my other OS's as my linux partition killed itself and my vista partition has expired.

It is the only one that appears in the list, so I assume it is the default. Thanks for atleast attempting to help, on 3 forums this is the only thread that even got a response.

oh well then if there is only one then it is the mobo one so... the sound card has died or is faulty

Back
Top Bottom