Check this......

I'll be the first to point this out. If your insurance does go up you would be stupid to try and switch.

The first thing any insurance company is going to do is run your MVR ( Motor Vehicle Report) and the accident will show and since your not a existing customer your more than likely going to get a even higher rate.

The damage doesn't look really bad. I'm guessing you caught the bottom of the trucks bumper and shaved your hood back a bit.

Look around at some of the junkyards for hoods. A lumina should be a dime a dozen and you should be able to pick up a cheap replacement hood and light.

If you want take a screen shot underneath the hood and I'll see if I can spot anything else inside that may be bad. I'm guessing you got lucky with the height of the bumper that it went above the radiator so it should be good.

Yeah, it's not even funny how much you need to pay attention sometimes.

I like to think I'm a careful driver, but I've had a few close calls..

Though as far as rear ending goes, I can just about guarantee I'll never be responsible for one because of tailgating or anything stupid like that. I keep a distance between me and the cars in front of me.
And all the ones who tailgate me even though I go the speed limit need to just chill out.

Theres a road a few blocks from here, it's 30 MPH, kind of annoying, but I don't speed on it. Everybody else seems to, and they get real sore with people who slow them down. But considering how often that road is watched by the police, I don't risk it.

I've seen an accident happen about 10 feet from me due to tailgating, and I could have been in that one or smushed the guy in front of me since everyone decided to slam on their brakes... I luckily didn't skid too far since the roads were slick. School had just let out so plenty of stupid drivers were out on the roads then. After that I didn't get within 500 feet of another car for awhile. I don't tailgate usually unless the guy is going unreasonably slow on a fast road, like 40 or 50 on a 65 road.

On my road I got stopped for going 15 over in a 35 zone. Just a warning, but I don't need more than that to tell me to slow down. I always go 40 now. The cops pass me doing 40 and they don't care. I just get a lot of tailgaters usually since everyone can't drive the speed limit. Granted it's a slow speed, but I don't need to crash and don't need a ticket. I got mad at a guy once since he was like right on me and had several chances to pass, so after he decided to try and pass as another car was coming the other way I brake checked him, lol. Just a hard tap on the brakes and speed up again. I also sometimes go slower than the limit to try to get them to pass, doesn't always work though...

Yeah, diesel is about $1 per gallon more expensive than gasoline is here. I don't know how the companies can run their trucks with prices like that.

Or how people can drive their gas guzzling diesels as a commuter vehicle... Cost me $35ish now to fill up my 12 gallon tank, cost them over $100.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;791134 said:
I'll be the first to point this out. If your insurance does go up you would be stupid to try and switch.

The first thing any insurance company is going to do is run your MVR ( Motor Vehicle Report) and the accident will show and since your not a existing customer your more than likely going to get a even higher rate.

The damage doesn't look really bad. I'm guessing you caught the bottom of the trucks bumper and shaved your hood back a bit.

Look around at some of the junkyards for hoods. A lumina should be a dime a dozen and you should be able to pick up a cheap replacement hood and light.

If you want take a screen shot underneath the hood and I'll see if I can spot anything else inside that may be bad. I'm guessing you got lucky with the height of the bumper that it went above the radiator so it should be good.
There is no other damage besides the hood, hood latch and the headlight. It's got an appointment with the body shop for tuesday the 13th. They'll be putting on a recycled hood and hood latch. Not sure about the headlight. Refinishing the front bumper cover and the fenders to blend into the hood.

Yeah, I'll think about the dropping my current insurance thing, I probably won't. I can handle if it goes up a few dollars a month, but any more than that I'm going to be upset.

I did someting like this last week,

was going too fast down a road, put the brakes on but the road was a little slick and I skidded into the back of another car, (just took out my headlights and tail lights though).

to fix that it's going to cost about £30 (9.50 for the indicator and about 20 for the headlamp on one side).

(mark I suggest if you ever need anything like a new light unit of something simple chack out a company called GSF car parts (assuming yoou have a german/sweedish or french car of course). - that parts are incredibly cheap, and without gargae fees as well it works out a hell of a lot cheaper.

Diesel is not a by product of gasoline.

gas/petrol is a fuel made by refining crued oil, and so is desiel, the differnce is that diesel is a heavier fuel, hence why you'll see some cars say they have heavy oil fuel, this means diesel.

basically if you go back to chemistry, it just means that the hydrocarbon chains in the fuel are longer

Diesel volume for volume, has more energy contianed in the fuel, so a gallon of it generally gets you further than a gallon of gas,

Ugh, got in a fender bender as well recently, but it wasn't my fault. The ****bag that hit me WHILE I WAS STANDING STILL is trying to say it is somehow not his fault, and our insurance companies are currently going at it. 600 dollars in damage is what the insurance company appraised, but I think it will be a little more--the subframe is messed up.

(mark I suggest if you ever need anything like a new light unit of something simple chack out a company called GSF car parts (assuming yoou have a german/sweedish or french car of course). - that parts are incredibly cheap, and without gargae fees as well it works out a hell of a lot cheaper.

Spanish car here... SEAT leon.. which is basiclly a golf or A3 in cheaper clothing, thanks for the link :) will be very useful

about a 100 dollar repairs just get a new light and hood and it wil be fine

I know the main reason Diesel is more expensive in the UK is because on the European continent fuel oil (which is what diesel is distilled from i think) is used to heat up houses, so theres more demand for it - I don't know if its the case everywhere else though

Diesel prices are hitting my area really hard, and it only aims to get worse. The two economic forces driving my area are Agriculture then the Timber/Logging industry, it's like that over alot of Alabama. In the next 2-3 weeks farmers here are going to be cutting hay to roll into bales, fuel prices are getting outrageous for off road diesel which hits loggers and farmers hard. Alot of the small time farmers who farm on the side are going out of the business because of record high fuel prices as well as the worst drought we've had in 50 years. I'm honestly worried because major business's and employers around here are starting to shut down..

Back
Top Bottom