Hiding my IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ams

In Runtime
Ok I need to download stuff and need to know the name of a good IP scrambler that can block my IP from the internet and when I download off of Utorrent. So that my ISP cannot see what I am doing. Please help me.
Thanks

Who is DJ chris? And is there anyway that my ISP cannot see what I am downloading?

illegal, this thread is closed.

Sorry to say, but this is not necessarily illegal. In fact if anything, the ISP is the person doing the illegal stuff here by monitoring traffic. Their's nothing illegal about encrypting your traffic or disguising it from your ISP.

With the packet shaping employed by many ISP's today, disguising torrent traffic is a MUST. They can outright block P2P traffic, or force it down to terrible speeds.

I use imageshack's torrent service to bypass my ISP throttling. http://tor.imageshack.us/

I agree with DJ-Chris in the fact that this isn't illegal. That being said most ISP's aren't doing anything illegal by monitoring traffic because they put it into their contract (thus you're allowing them to do it).

That being said its extremely annoying that most ISPs throttle the speed when you're dl'ing torrents.

Also, the link given above doesn't seem to work.

I agree with DJ-Chris in the fact that this isn't illegal. That being said most ISP's aren't doing anything illegal by monitoring traffic because they put it into their contract (thus you're allowing them to do it).

That being said its extremely annoying that most ISPs throttle the speed when you're dl'ing torrents.

Also, the link given above doesn't seem to work.

What alot of ISP's are doing is clearcut illegal, but due to their power it's been allowed to go on. Also note that alot of ISP's sell your internet usage patterns to advertising companys.

Looking at the OP's ISP, your screwed. Using another server to download your files is about the only way to get around traffic shaping where you are. Just don't switch to sympatico as their far far worse than your ISP.

So is there anyway I can? I just don't Rogers to catch me downloading again. I know how to block internet by going to http://www.hidemyass.com/ . But I would mainly like to know how to block it for applications such as utorrent, Steam and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom