Do I need to upgrade my CPU?

Is there a time limit on the free anti-virus? I downloaded one before and it's only limited to 30 days. Is there a way to go unlimited?
There is no limit on AVG free edition.
Oh BTW, I just ordered a new CPU yesterday from newegg cause I just don't have that patience anymore. It's an AMD 4000+ 939 socket. It's old but tell me what you guys think. Can't wait til it gets here.
How much? Skt939 CPUs are becoming harder to find and therefore their prices are becoming inflated. And it's hard to justify buying one when you can have an AM2 platform (mobo+CPU) for $100.

There is no limit on AVG free edition.

How much? Skt939 CPUs are becoming harder to find and therefore their prices are becoming inflated. And it's hard to justify buying one when you can have an AM2 platform (mobo+CPU) for $100.

$40. It's my very first CPU purchase ever. I don't really know much or anything about CPUs and I don't really know what's good for now but I'm just going for something that will get the job done that aren't so epxensive. I've read some pretty good reviews on it that's why I decided to give it a try. Here's the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103037

If it doesn't work out, I'll return it. If I can't, $40 won't hurt so much. At least it's going to be better than the one I currently have, for sure.:)

Since you brought up the AM2, I just thought I take this time to ask you; can the AM2 fit into the 939 socket or does it have to match up? I had a feeling it's impossible but; again, what do I about CPUs?

Well, I can't wait til it gets here. I'll test it out and give my own reviews on it.

Later.:D

Since you brought up the AM2, I just thought I take this time to ask you; can the AM2 fit into the 939 socket or does it have to match up? I had a feeling it's impossible but; again, what do I about CPUs?
Some of AMD's sockets are backwards compatible (for exemple, the AM2+ Phenoms can be used in an AM2 mobo), but unfortunatly, AM2 is not backwards compatible with 939.

$40 is definitely a good price BTW.

Well, I'm back... and with my new CPU. :)

I got it a few days ago. For $40? It's totally worth it. It may not be the best but it is definitely better than my previous one and I can obviously see the improvement when loading plug-ins. That's pretty much what I'm using it for. Haven't tried other things yet but will do soon.

Now I have to figure out what I should do with my old one.?

Well anyways, that's all for now. See ya.:D

recicle it lol...or maybe save it and show it to your grandkids when you're 80, be like "this is what my computer from 2002 ran with, big isnt it?"

:p

recicle it lol...or maybe save it and show it to your grandkids when you're 80, be like "this is what my computer from 2002 ran with, big isnt it?"

:p

Lol. I like that idea. I always seem to keep a lot of my old stuff. :D

Back
Top Bottom